logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Triple Play WAS Award Report
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 6:12:11 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hello
I would like to manage the Triple Play WAS with Logic.
There 's someone who already is doing with the tools provided by Logic now?
However, requires a different report for the specific award that is to be programmed?
It would be interesting this possibility in Logic.
Even more interesting to use the SPOT LOG to highlight the necessary calls to achieve the Award.
I do not know if the idea could be valid, but I try.
Thanks for your attention.

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 8:39:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 1:44:35 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Mauro,

I have a report for the WAS- Triple Play. As previously stated on the forum, I do not formally apply for any of these "awards". I run reports based on them for my own pleasure and interest.

Attached is a report I wrote for my progress. I use my three principal modes - CW, SSB and RTTY. Clearly, the DATA mode for the award is more than just RTTY. I also do not consider District of Columbia. You may like to add a filter expression for location. The report does not include "states" not worked on any mode.

All LOGic reports work the same way. A list of relevant QSOs is filtered from the log, and each is processed for printing one QSO at a time. The processing allows one to COUNT the QSOs, to accumulate totals, and if necessary, suppress printing of any one QSO.

For some reports Dennis has a special "award function" that locates all the QSOs, before following the report process.

My report works as follows ...

The report filters from all my QSOs those that meet the award - all after 01/01/2009, confirmed on LOTW, on any BAND like this: QSO_DATE>{^2009-01-01} AND LOTW_RCVD='F' AND (MODE='CW' OR MODE="SSB" OR MODE="RTTY") AND NOT EMPTY(STATE)

I then define a custom index in the report - STATE, MODE, and QSO date. This will present to the report process a list of the filtered QSOs sorted first by State, then within the state by mode, by QSO date and time.

In the report I define report groups for the State, and for the Mode.

As each QSO is processed, I count the QSOs, and suppress printing any beyond the first QSO for any Mode within a State.

For me, the result is one double sided sheet of paper. It is easy to see what states have a triple, and which states I have yet to work the full complement. As stated above - unworked states do not appear.

The reports are attached. You can safely put the files into the LOGic Report folder and run the report in the normal way.

If you have any questions - please ask.

File Attachment(s):
ARRL Triple Play.zip (4kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
1 user thanked vk4iu for this useful post.
IK0CHU on 5/6/2014(UTC)
IK0CHU
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 11:40:20 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Peter,
I thank you immensely for your support regarding my question.
You were very thorough in your description of the operation.
Your report helps a great time to see the ways missing and it was just what I meant was realized.
Now we really want the spotlog do the rest. ;)

P.S.
Regarding the conversion cables usb-rs232 I found only one based on FTDI chip and immediately substituted in place of a Prolific.
For two days I did the replacement and work together seamlessly.
Of course, listening to the advice of Dennis and yours on the use of FTDI chip, I will replace the second Prolific as soon as I'll find another FTDI.

Many thanks Peter

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
vk4iu
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:48:59 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day Mauro,

You will need to explain a little more what you want from the Spot Log.

The problems include ...

Spots do not contain a State.
Looking up a call on QRZ for every Spot would not be practical.
Scanning your log for every spot to see if you need it would not be practical.

If I understand your need, use the report to find the states and modes you need, then add a spot ALERT, for the approximate state by using the K call - W7 etc for the western states, W4 etc for the central states, W1 etc for the eastern states. Unfortunately the US calls don't exactly match the states as they do in VK.

I have updated my report to include a list of states, NOT worked, or NOT confirmed.
File Attachment(s):
ARRL WAS - Triple Play - V2.zip (5kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
Peter VK4IU
IK0CHU
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:28:43 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Peter,
I am assuming to consider only the WAS TP.
For this reason we can say that it provides the spotlog STATE hams because we're talking about Americans who must necessarily be enrolled in LOTW.
In general, all American hams put the data correctly.
If you look at the spotlog the Americans hams have the STATE.
In fact, as soon as I run your report, I tried to put the alerts in relation to the STATE, and missing MODES
I thought you could add the award WASTP spot in the log (as DXCC, IOTA, CQZ, ITUZ, CONT) and highlight the american CALLS who had LOTW and needed for CW, SSB, RTTY to complete the WASTP.
I'm not sure I have explained well.

My best 73's Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
vk4iu
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 6:09:39 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

You are correct Mauro. I see the State for US calls in the Spot log.

That will make the alert even easier.

I wonder how that is done?

Peter VK4IU
vk4iu
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:14:09 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

It is interesting the things one does when one cannot sleep.

Attached is version 3 of my ARRL WAS - Triple Play Report.

The report now uses the techniques documented here to, hopefully, use the correct modes as per the ARRL rules. That is any "voice mode", PHONE, any digital mode, DATA, and CW.

Remember that, in LOGic, each of us is in charge of what we call PHONE mode, or a DATA mode, or CW. See Tools,Setup,Modes and the subsequent dialogue box for the details.

Any constructive feedback would be gratefully received.

Dennis: If you read this ... How is the correct State determined for K calls in the Spot log?
File Attachment(s):
WAS - Triple Play - V3.zip (5kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
Peter VK4IU
1 user thanked vk4iu for this useful post.
IK0CHU on 5/8/2014(UTC)
IK0CHU
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 3:51:58 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Peter,
STATE reported in spotlog derived from the data that each US Ham recorded in the LOTW specifications.
I often update LOTW user list with Logic tool. Now count about 73.000 but i dont understand why LOTW refer about 93000.
If you notice, the STATE is displayed in spotlog for each HAM who in LOTW has flag "Y" in.
But who is not a member LOTW does not count for the WASTP.
There are some U.S. HAMS that despite having LOTW as "Y" did not report it because they have not fully inserted the data.

I believe it is so.

73's Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
vk4iu
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:32:30 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

Thanks for that Mauro

That explains a few things.

The list for LOTW comes from the accumulation of emails sent to HB9BZA as compared to the official list at ARRL.

The list at HB9BZA has to be incomplete. I am not surprised the numbers do not match - 20,00 missing..

In my current spot log, since I came back from holidays, there are 11 K calls without a State, but no K calls with LOTW=Y and no State.

From now on I will keep the LOTW list up to date, and watch for K calls, with LOTW but no State.

It will be interesting to see what I find.

Have you used V3 of my report? Can you see any errors? Feedback would be appreciated.

Peter VK4IU
IK0CHU
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:52:04 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Peter ,
yes I 've tried the V3 of your report.
I state that for Japan, I created a specific logform , where I enabled the JCC field already present in Logic, and then I created two new fields called JGC and JAPREF .
For this reason it was necessary to make a change to its operation because I do not use WAJA but I created a userfield called JAPREF ordered by name to WAJA that has a different sort with the number of the prefecture.
To create the userfield called JGC I used the updated data to 01.12.2013 , on the website of the JARL .
Your report works fine and is very useful .
I have to ask you a few things that I did not understand .
The report acts by default on QSOs where there is a QSL received .
I normally insert all the relevant data that are indicated for each QSL in my logform .
In the case of Japan I insert the JA AREA , JCC , JGC , JAPREF , and soon I will add also KU .
I only have 10 QSL where they reported all this data together.
In the report, these QSOs do not show in print the value of JGC even if it is printed in red , that there is no correspondence with JAPREF .
I wonder why is highlighted an error when the data were reported by the amateur that I contacted .
Maybe we have the databases of the JCC, JGC with different data?
I'm not a programmer but I tried to figure out how to make dbf to bind the award I need.
I have no pretensions to make things perfect but I'm trying to get a Logic to help me as much as possible in the management of the radio station and QSL.
And I will never cease to thank you for the help you are providing me with your advices and tools.
I attach two screenshots where you can see the JA1FVS QSOs that do not bear the JGC "12010" which instead is in the logform.

I hope I have explained well with my poor English.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
Cattura di schermata (3).png (317kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
Cattura di schermata (4).png (483kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
IK0CHU
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 6:22:35 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Peter,
I'm sorry but when I can not sleep, I do damages, hi hi.
I'm not like You that when you do not sleep make egregious things.
Obviously in the past tread I was OT.

Regarding the V3 WASTP, works perfectly with the all digital modes add in.
To see more immediate maybe you could also add a similar list but with only missing operating modes for each STATE.
So it would really complete! The list with the missing could be exposed near the radio station and also more easy to make filters in the spotlog usimg the STATE variable.
WOW.

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
vk4iu
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:39:29 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

... yes, I am working on showing in the ARRL WAS Triple Play report what modes are needed for which states.

Dennis has said ... "watch this space" to your original post. I guess he is working to include WAS TP in his normal Awards process that is using a special internal LOGic program function. I do not have access to his function, and just use the normal report process we all can use.

We will see who gets a result first. Dennis, or me.

I am still puzzled by how the State for the spot is determined in LOGic.

I looked at the process to download the LOTW list - it is just a list of calls - no material on the calls US State. Then I thought maybe Dennis must look at previous QSOs, and or the internal Callbook. But ... when I checked the Spot Log there are spots with States, that do not have previous QSOs.

I hope Dennis can add some information to help the understanding.

Fantastic. Thanks for running the JA Check Data Report. It is great to see my work being used by others. Well done on changing the report - few make the effort.

On the screen dump, I notice two things ... that JAREF shows the text of the Prefecture (CHIBA) as compared to the code (12). The QSO shows a JCC and a JCG for a QSO. I understand that a JA will report EITHER a JCC or JCG, not both. All my data comes from the QSL cards, and I have never seem a QSL with both JCC and JCG reported.

If there is a value in JCG (or JCC), the report looks at the first two letters of the JCG (or JCC), and checks to see they match the number in the WAJA/JAREF field. If they don't match, a red warning line should appear.

So the report will see "12" in JCC and JCG, but "Ch" in the JAPPREF, and report an error for both. An error will also appear because you have both JCC and JCG for the QSO.

To use your JAPREF list, the error msg fields need to check against the code(12) in the JAPREF List in the list table ... that is against list.descr not tag_val("WAJA:",userfields).

Attach a ZIP of your report files to your next post and I will have a look for you.
Peter VK4IU
vk4iu
#14 Posted : Friday, May 9, 2014 11:51:34 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

Late last night I finished V4 of the ARRL WAS - Triple Play report.

The report now displays the needed modes for each US State.

The "Select Criteria" for QSOs by default is now ...
(DXCC="K" OR DXCC="KL7") AND QSO_DATE>{^2009-01-01} AND LOTW_RCVD='Y' AND NOT EMPTY(MODE) AND NOT EMPTY(STATE)
I discovered many QSOs in my log that have the US STATE set - but are not K calls. Looking at the "qth,name,address data", I think this happened because the Callbook Batch Update updated the STATE for the US owner of the call.

I also discovered a mixture of QSOs with F, rather than the default Y, as the "received status" for LOTW. I used the usual Mass Change in Tools,Advanced,Database Commands to unify everything to "Y" for LOTW confirmed.

You may change the Select Criteria to anything you desire to check your progress, if, like me, you don't really intend to apply for the physical award.

To bring in QSOs confirmed by eQSL, or by a card, you can use the following ...
(DXCC="K" OR DXCC="KL7") AND QSO_DATE>{^2009-01-01} AND (LOTW_RCVD='Y' OR EQSL_RCVD="F" OR QSL_RCVD="F") AND NOT EMPTY(MODE) AND NOT EMPTY(STATE)
The report now looks like this ...
ARRL WAS - Triple Play

Footer
File Attachment(s):
ARRL WAS Triple Play - V4.zip (7kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
Peter VK4IU
2 users thanked vk4iu for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/12/2014(UTC), IK0CHU on 5/14/2014(UTC)
IK0CHU
#15 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 4:48:13 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Peter,
thanks for your work.
I have tested the different versions and this is what I noticed.
Where a State has confirmed in lotw CW and RTTY modes, the missing phone is shown in red color perfectly.
Where a State has confirmed in LOTW the CW and other digital modes such as RTTY or PSK31 and JT65, the missing phone is not reported.
Concluding, the missing phone is not highlighted if digital mode confirmed in lotw is RTTY in addition to other digital modes.
If you feel it is not enough explanation I can send you some screenshots of the v3 and v4.

I specify that the check has been done on different reports and also occurred with the necessary filters in Logic9.

Sorry for the delay but I've been busy for two weekends to compete in fox hunting in 2 meters in ROMA and 80 meters in VITERBO hi ...
Thanks and 73's de IKØCHU Mauro

IKØCHU Mauro
vk4iu
#16 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 5:43:03 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day Mauro,

No problem Mauro. How did you do in the "hunting"? ... did you win?

Thanks for testing the report. To check that I understand the problem ...

A missing PHONE mode for a State, is not being printed in red if there are QSOs reported for CW and data modes that include RTTY and other digital modes like JT65.

So far I cannot see what could be wrong in my code.

It would help if you could attach a copy of your MODES table to a reply to this post. You will find the MODES.DBF in the logdata folder in LOGic.

And yes, a screen image of the error part of the report would be of assistance.

Peter VK4IU
IK0CHU
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2014 6:44:28 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Peter,
in order to avoid misunderstandings, for one thing, I am sending you the MODE database to verify its correctness.
After we continue the analysis of the results.

For fox hunting I really enjoyed with my friends and I was the winner in Rome and eighth in Viterbo (My QTH Hi)
Thanks de IKØCHU Mauro

File Attachment(s):
MODES.DBF (2kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
vk4iu
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2014 4:56:46 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

My V4 - Triple Play report has no code to deal with incorrect modes.

So my question - what happens if there are bad modes in the log - was answered very quickly. Last night I entered some bad modes in QSOs in my log using Tools, Advanced Database commands, use log, and editing individual records. I also created a report to find bad modes in the log. All worked OK, and I went to bed without exiting LOGic.

This morning, I got your reply, exited LOGic, copied the new MODE.DBF, ran clean, and restarted LOGic. LOGic immediately reported the BAD modes my log, asking if I wanted to see the list of bad modes. LOGic listed the "bad modes", abc and def, I had entered last night.

So LOGic has been looking after us, behind the scenes - it is not possible to put modes in a QSO that are not in the MODES table. They will be reported on the next restart of LOGic.

So ... sorry Mauro, I have wasted your time. The problem cannot be in our MODES table, yours or mine.

It's back to the drawing board - looking through my report code again.

Can you please send some screen snaps of where you are seeing the problem.

Peter VK4IU
IK0CHU
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 10:16:47 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Peter,
thank you for testing my database of operating MODES.
Starting from the conclusions that you have written or taking the MODES database operating correctly, I pulled out two reports of my archive.
I used the V3, which I think is very accurate in the results, and V4 which has the description of the missing MODES.
I used exactly the same selection criteria for equality of verification.
On the report V4 I have highlighted "MISSING" all the STATES where there is no refer of missing modes while others are perfectly highlighted (green check) with respect to the report version V3.
I hope I can be of help for a deeper analysis of your code.
Thanks

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot297.jpg (272kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
ScreenShot300.jpg (273kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
vk4iu
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:36:01 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

That's good. I will look to see what I changed between V3 and V4.

Peter VK4IU