logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Another Dumb Newbee Question
KK6BT
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 9:23:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

I have been using LOGic 8 for about 6 weeks and greatly enjoying it.

The one change I would like to make is to have the font in the log I print larger in size. I have read the manual and found just the info I needed entitled "Customizing Your Own Report." The problem is, the procedure begins "...under the File menu, select Set up report." When I go to the File menu, I can't find "Set up report" in the drop down menu.

I'm sure I am doing something dumb, but can't figure it out.

Please help.

Thanks, Wayne
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 10:52:14 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Sorry, my fault. It is under File/Print/Modify Report Layout or Reports/Modify Report Layout.

Tnx & 73,

DH
KK6BT
#3 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 12:04:43 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the info and I'm sorry to be so dense.

When I go to REPORTS and then MODIFY REPORT, I select my favorite report -- "Log With Country Name." I then open it and press Enter 3 times. That gives me a window entitled Create/Modify report -- Log with Country Name." The window inside the window has as its first entry "userhead = space (16).' Then I am lost.

What I am looking for is what is discussed in the manual under "Customizing your own reports." It looks like a very user friendly interface and on page 3 there is a discussion of changing fonts and colors. How do I get to that point?

Thanks,

Wayne
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:03:10 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Ok, what you are looking at are Visual Foxpro commands that get executed before running the report. This creates the window that prompts for the user-defined column contents, whether or not to print the COMMENT field, etc. I doubt this is something you would have need to change.

To change color, make sure that the Color Pallete is visible. If not, open it by clicking VIEW/COLOR PALLETTE TOOLBAR in the menu bar. Note that there are two buttons at the top of this toolbar, which control changing text color or background color.

To change text color, make sure that the Text button is depressed. Then click on a text area. Click your color.

To change background color, make sure the background button is depressed, then proceed as described for changing text color. Note that changing the background color of text may have no effect, since the text may be transparent (however, you can change the transparency of items by right-clicking, Properties, then Style). But you can change the background of other items, such as the round-cornered box and a drop shadow box behind the title.

Let us know if any other questions.

73, DH