logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Expot fm logic 8 and 9 error msg
VK5ATU
#1 Posted : Friday, April 4, 2014 5:00:42 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

From Dick Moore
VK5ATU

I am using Windows XP
and Logic 8 version 8.0.104

Hope some can help me to Export my log , I want to Export the log to the Wireless Institute Of Australia (WIA) awards application sheet form.
All logs ,That includes both EQSL and LOTW.
I export the Log to file (ok) read the text of this file and at the top it reads --- ADIF Export for LOGic 7 <ADIF_VER:3>1.0. Copyright 1997-2004 by PDA. Should this read Logic 8 ?

I then open the WIA awards form, which I downloaded from there website. And enable the macros.When I try and import my LOG from
my saved file , I get this message appear-
Microsoft Visual basic
Run time Error 2147467259 980004005)
This name may not contain the " character:
EQSL--> <QSL S
Then im,e not able to go any further. I have been informed that logic 8 ( if thats what i am using, not really sure what I am using after reading the text file from my exported log) will only save my Exported log as a ADIF v1 file, and I need it to support ADIF v2 files as v2 is needed for me to import EQSL and LOTW into the WIA award form.
So I downloaded the DEMO version of Logic 9 , to see how I got on with this. I inserted 10 made up qso,s on op of the 50 demo ones(These don,t export to file) That was ok I exported my own 10 qso,s and save them to file. But the same thing happened when i tried to Import them into the WIA award form.The same message appeared- Microsoft Visual basic
Run time Error 2147467259 980004005)
This name may not contain the " character:
EQSL--> <QSL S
I also tried all of the above using windows 7 , but it was just the same. Hope some one can throw some light on whats wrong, may,be its just a setting within Logic 8 that needs to be setup. Many Thanks Dick VK5ATU@DODO.COM.AU

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2014 9:35:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Dick:

It sounds like a problem with the WIA program. It looks to me like the error is saying that some data contains the quote character. So what? That is allowable in ADIF. Anyway, please paste the sample ADIF file here (it is just a text file, you know) so I can see exactly what you are sending to the WIA program.

Yes, it should say "LOGic 8", but that isn't causing a problem.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
VK5ATU on 4/8/2014(UTC)
VK5ATU
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:03:27 AM(UTC)

Dennis, Thanks for your reply. I have attached ( I hope ) two files to my first post. The first is the Export Log from Logic 8 , This includes my LOTW & EQSL qso,s .
The second is the Wireless Institute of Australia DXCC Application form which I need to Import the Logic 8 Export Log to.Hope you can help. Many Thanks Dick vk5atu@dodo.com.au
File Attachment(s):
Export fm Logic 8 13-4-2014 0 2.xls (2,694kb) downloaded 34 time(s).
C MM-DXCCVK5ATU 2.xls (722kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:47:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, you sent excel spreadsheet files. I want to see the ADIF file. The spreadsheet data looks like ADIF data, but there is a lot of binary garbage that got added.

The forum was not allowing upload of .adi files -- I fixed that. So just attach the ADIF file, or paste it in a message.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
VK5ATU
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:27:04 PM(UTC)

OK Dennis will try again.
File Attachment(s):
Export fm Logic 8 13-4-2014 2.ADI (1,374kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:40:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, thanks -- I see what is likely the problem.

The other program is faulty in that it will not import binary data. The GUID field that LOGic uses to uniquely identify each QSO is binary -- it has quote marks and everything else in it.

The workaround is to go to tools/setup/log fields. Click the binoculars. Get GUID. On the ADIF page, turn off export.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY