logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

How do I Correct my Log?
KK6BT
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:46:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have just recently started using LOGic 8. When I printed a copy of my log, I saw two problems:

1. The font was too small for my tired old eyes. How do I make the font larger (I know this belongs in another section of the forum, but it didn't seem logical to make two posts instead of one); and

2. There were some typos in my log. How can I access my log to correct the typos?

Thanks for your help.

Wayne, KK6BT
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:31:57 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KK6BT Go to Quoted Post

1. The font was too small for my tired old eyes. How do I make the font larger (I know this belongs in another section of the forum, but it didn't seem logical to make two posts instead of one); and

Right-click the background area of the log form, then select Form Properties.

Originally Posted by: KK6BT Go to Quoted Post

2. There were some typos in my log. How can I access my log to correct the typos?

Click the Binocular button in the log form. Enter the call you want to retrieve. Type your changes.

DH
KK6BT
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:28:20 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the quick help.

Wayne, KK6BT
KK6BT
#4 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 3:05:13 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

I understnd your directions for going to an individual QSO and making corections. However, I have just sent out 28 QSL cards for the first contacts I have logged in LOGic 8. All I want to do is update the status of the QSL field for those 28 contacts (they are in order by date). Do I have to go to each QSO, one by one, and make that change?

What I would prefer, if it is possible, is to display my first 28 logged QSO's all on one page. Then I could simply work my way down the list changing the QSL field.

To put it another way, other than a log report, is it possible to display my log database and make changes like I would with my old paper log?

Thanks for your help.

Wayne
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:06:30 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
When you print QSLs, it asks you if you want to mark those cards as sent.

Doing it after the fact -- you could print the same QSLs to screen then answer Yes to mark as sent -- use date range filtering to prevent getting newer QSOs.

The log is normally displayed in reverse chronogical order, although they can be displayed in callsign order. You double-click the column header in the Browse form or use the Get (binocular) feature to change order. Help goes into details. But yeah, you can put your log in chronological order. You will see this in the Browse form. Just use the next or prev arrows to navigate to the next QSO, editing as you go. If the options are set as per factory default, it should not even prompt you to save.

Tnx & 73,

DH