logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Logic Hamscope transmit problem
WD4ASP
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:27:04 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Dennis,

I'm having trouble getting Logic's Hamscope interface transmit. I did get receive working by running Hamscope using Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility mode. I used to have the Hamscope interface working just fine about a year but it appears I have changed something. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and Logic 9, version 9.0.61.
If I set Hamscope's PTT interface to the appropriate com port (COM6), set PTT using RTS, key the PTT in Hamscope and type characters into Logic's Hamscope transmit window they are transmitted correctly. However, using the same configuration except not keying the PTT line in Hamscope and type the characters in Logic's Hamscope window and hit the Enter key the transmitter does not get keyed. The characters do show up in Hamscope's transmit window. I'm sure I've changed a setting in Logic but I don't know which one it is.

Thanks,

Fred
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WD4ASP
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:42:39 PM(UTC)

Man

Dennis,

I did some more testing and found that the macro keys work correctly - they cause Hamscope to transmit their contents. It is only when I type in the Hamscope Transmit window in Logic that nothing gets transmitted although what I attempted to transmit does appears in the Hamscope transmit buffer window. In the Hamscope window if I manually change from RX to TX the transmit buffer gets sent. Getting closer. However, it appears that operator error or forgetfulness is moving quite close to the top of the list. Still don't know what I'm missing/forgotten yet.

Fred
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 9:31:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Fred:

I think all you need to do is select the Pkt mode, then press {Enter} to send the contents. See the hover text when you hold your mouse over the button.

Also, try typing in the lower receive window. I think that transmits on a character-by-character basis.

Let me know!

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WD4ASP
#4 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 10:49:42 AM(UTC)

Man

Dennis,

I tried Pkt, Word and typing in the lower receive and all do the same thing, the text shows up in Hamscope's transmit window but doesn't get transmitted. What is the difference between sending a macro key vs. typing text? Is there some other setting that I am missing?

Thanks,

Fred
WD4ASP
#5 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 12:50:31 PM(UTC)

Man

Dennis,

I tried the following test using the macro key format:

I put <TX> test <RX> in Logic's Hamscope transmit window it transmits out abc and returns to receive.

Didn't remember having to do this before. Is this any help?

Thanks,

Fred
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 10:15:10 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Well, there should be no difference between typing and sending a macro.

Quote:
I put <TX> test <RX> in Logic's Hamscope transmit window it transmits out abc and returns to receive.

Didn't remember having to do this before. Is this any help?

Yeah, that helps! (Does it really transmit "abc", or does it transmit "test"? I'll assume that this is a typo and it is sending "test". If not, I have no idea :-))

What is happening is that LOGic is sending the data to Hamscope, but Hamscope is not transmitting it. There must be some setting in hamscope to cause it to automatically send.

When using hamscope by itself, does it transmit automatically as you type, or do you have to do something to make it transmit what you typed?