logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

WSJT integration
ei8gs
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 3:13:26 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am very disapointed, I am a Logic user for around 20 years and I like the program very much, I would hate to change, No sign of WSJR-X FT8 integration, when I see a referance to 12 months ago my heart sinks, Now Denis or whoever got the idea of a yearly fee would want to think again Logic needs to be upgraded urgently and most importantly integration with WSJX-x is a must, there are lots of programs out there for free as good if not better, but I dont want to go learning a new one now at this stage, there is an old saying the gouger you know is better than the one you dont know,
73 de Jim EI8GS
1 user thanked ei8gs for this useful post.
N5XZ on 8/6/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
N5XZ
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 9:50:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
ei8gs;9572 wrote:
I am very disapointed, I am a Logic user for around 20 years and I like the program very much, I would hate to change, No sign of WSJR-X FT8 integration, when I see a referance to 12 months ago my heart sinks, Now Denis or whoever got the idea of a yearly fee would want to think again Logic needs to be upgraded urgently and most importantly integration with WSJX-x is a must, there are lots of programs out there for free as good if not better, but I dont want to go learning a new one now at this stage, there is an old saying the gouger you know is better than the one you dont know,
73 de Jim EI8GS

I feel 'ya, Jim. I have been waiting over five years for other promised improvements to the program. I am no longer paying the yearly fee until some of these promises are fulfilled. An email sent directly to Dennis on the issue was never responded to. I don't even remember what the yearly fee was supposed to provide for us. It seems to me that Dennis has relegated LOGic upgrades to the back burner. (Just my opinion). Don't get me wrong, I really like many of LOGic's functions and features as well, and Dennis has provided very good support for existing issues. Dennis provided exceptional support when I was converting all of my paper logs to LOGic (55,000 QSO's, more or less). But lately, I don't know...
73, Allen N5XZ
ke4uw
#3 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 9:23:00 PM(UTC)

I've been a Logic user for maybe 20 years--there's a lot I love about Logic, but I have to say it is just not keeping up with the ham radio world that I know. I thought maybe when you began the annual subscription, maybe things would pick up, but I honestly don't see it.

More than five years ago you said you would add a MMTTY interface. Let that sink in. Five years ago.

Four years ago you said you were reluctant to commit to a delivery date. Four years ago.

Two years ago you said you were "finalizing" the JT-65 interface and then would get on MMTTY. JT-65 has been overcome by events (FT-) for years, and you are still promising to maybe one day get that delivered. Then maybe work in the MMTTY you committed to five years ago.

C'mon, really? Is that what we can expect going forward?

Dennis, for those of us who have paid the annual subscription, I think you owe us an answer on when you will deliver on these ancient commitments. I don't care if you miss by a week, or even a month. But five years in you still give me no idea if you are ever really going to deliver. I think I paid for better than that.

Like others, I like many things about Logic, and I'd hate to go through the learning curve to get up to speed with new logging software. But more than half the contacts I am logging these days are FT-8, and Logic no longer passes muster for what I do. If something doesn't give soon, I'm simply going to have to move on.

Dave KE4UW
W5GA
#4 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 9:30:13 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I've been a loyal subscriber since Logic 2 for the Commodore Amiga, nearly 30 years ago. Logic does some things that I really, really like...but I'm thinking at this point it is time.
N5XZ
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 12:04:11 PM(UTC)

Dennis, are you "listening"?
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:06:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 243 post(s)
Yes, I am listening and reading. I am doing my best. Thanks.
N5XZ
#7 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 11:52:20 PM(UTC)

WN4AZY;9630 wrote:
Yes, I am listening and reading. I am doing my best. Thanks.

REALLY????
73, Allen N5XZ