logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

WSJT integration
ei8gs
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 3:13:26 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am very disapointed, I am a Logic user for around 20 years and I like the program very much, I would hate to change, No sign of WSJR-X FT8 integration, when I see a referance to 12 months ago my heart sinks, Now Denis or whoever got the idea of a yearly fee would want to think again Logic needs to be upgraded urgently and most importantly integration with WSJX-x is a must, there are lots of programs out there for free as good if not better, but I dont want to go learning a new one now at this stage, there is an old saying the gouger you know is better than the one you dont know,
73 de Jim EI8GS
1 user thanked ei8gs for this useful post.
N5XZ on 8/6/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
N5XZ
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 9:50:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ei8gs Go to Quoted Post
I am very disapointed, I am a Logic user for around 20 years and I like the program very much, I would hate to change, No sign of WSJR-X FT8 integration, when I see a referance to 12 months ago my heart sinks, Now Denis or whoever got the idea of a yearly fee would want to think again Logic needs to be upgraded urgently and most importantly integration with WSJX-x is a must, there are lots of programs out there for free as good if not better, but I dont want to go learning a new one now at this stage, there is an old saying the gouger you know is better than the one you dont know,
73 de Jim EI8GS

I feel 'ya, Jim. I have been waiting over five years for other promised improvements to the program. I am no longer paying the yearly fee until some of these promises are fulfilled. An email sent directly to Dennis on the issue was never responded to. I don't even remember what the yearly fee was supposed to provide for us. It seems to me that Dennis has relegated LOGic upgrades to the back burner. (Just my opinion). Don't get me wrong, I really like many of LOGic's functions and features as well, and Dennis has provided very good support for existing issues. Dennis provided exceptional support when I was converting all of my paper logs to LOGic (55,000 QSO's, more or less). But lately, I don't know...
73, Allen N5XZ
ke4uw
#3 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 9:23:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I've been a Logic user for maybe 20 years--there's a lot I love about Logic, but I have to say it is just not keeping up with the ham radio world that I know. I thought maybe when you began the annual subscription, maybe things would pick up, but I honestly don't see it.

More than five years ago you said you would add a MMTTY interface. Let that sink in. Five years ago.

Four years ago you said you were reluctant to commit to a delivery date. Four years ago.

Two years ago you said you were "finalizing" the JT-65 interface and then would get on MMTTY. JT-65 has been overcome by events (FT-) for years, and you are still promising to maybe one day get that delivered. Then maybe work in the MMTTY you committed to five years ago.

C'mon, really? Is that what we can expect going forward?

Dennis, for those of us who have paid the annual subscription, I think you owe us an answer on when you will deliver on these ancient commitments. I don't care if you miss by a week, or even a month. But five years in you still give me no idea if you are ever really going to deliver. I think I paid for better than that.

Like others, I like many things about Logic, and I'd hate to go through the learning curve to get up to speed with new logging software. But more than half the contacts I am logging these days are FT-8, and Logic no longer passes muster for what I do. If something doesn't give soon, I'm simply going to have to move on.

Dave KE4UW
1 user thanked ke4uw for this useful post.
N5XZ on 2/22/2020(UTC)
W5GA
#4 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 9:30:13 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
I've been a loyal subscriber since Logic 2 for the Commodore Amiga, nearly 30 years ago. Logic does some things that I really, really like...but I'm thinking at this point it is time.
1 user thanked W5GA for this useful post.
N5XZ on 2/22/2020(UTC)
N5XZ
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 12:04:11 PM(UTC)

Dennis, are you "listening"?
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:06:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Yes, I am listening and reading. I am doing my best. Thanks.
N5XZ
#7 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 11:52:20 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I am listening and reading. I am doing my best. Thanks.

REALLY????
73, Allen N5XZ
N5XZ
#8 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 8:41:35 AM(UTC)

Dennis...............

Any progress?????????
73, Allen N5XZ
N5XZ
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:02:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: N5XZ Go to Quoted Post
Dennis...............

Any progress?????????

73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 10:48:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes, I have been working on it the past few days tying all the components together.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ke4uw
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 10:18:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Dennis,
Since you are working on some of the requested changes, let me offer a few suggestions. The things I'd most like to see are:

Integration with WSJT-X so that QSOs logged in WSJT-X are also logged automatically in Logic. In addition to simplifying logging, this would also allow use of Logic to send spots to the DX cluster for the FT-8 QSOs made using WSJT-X (something that’s way too difficult in the current version of Logic).

Capture decoded signals from WSJT-X in the spot log in Logic (possibly by integration with JT-Alert software), thus providing the standard spot log info on whether that entity is needed on that band/mode. Preferably this would have some sort of timer so multiple decodes of the same call sign/frequency don’t get sent to the spot log every 30 seconds.

Support upload to Clublog similar to what currently exists for LOTW, with options to upload entire log, or only new QSOs since last update.

Add some kind of RTTY interface, preferably MMTTY, to allow making and logging RTTY contacts from within Logic.

Fix glitch during logging that deletes DXCC entity of previous logged QSO if ESC is hit to clear the log screen. So here’s the scenario: You click on an entry in the spot log so the radio moves to the right frequency and mode, and the call sign information is entered in the Logging screen. But you are unsuccessful in completing the qso, so you hit ESC on the keyboard to clear the log screen and not enter the QSO in the log. When this is done, the entry for the DXCC entity for the PREVIOUS QSO is deleted. Its sort of an annoying back door way to inadvertently inject errors in the log that will need to be sorted out manually later. Note that if the ESC icon on the logging screen is used, the previous logged QSO is not affected—as should be the case. (It took me quite a while to figure out why so many logged qsos had a blank DXCC entity, when this is auto-filled when the qso is logged!)

In the Tools menu, have separate options to disable/reset the various radio and rotor interfaces individually. I often need to disable one radio interface in Logic so I can use WSJT-X. However, it would be nice to still be able to use the rotor interface, and the radio interface for a second radio. (maybe the keyer too?). One way to do this would be to have the Tools menu selection bring up a list of the interfaces and let the user select which one(s) to disable/reset.

I certainly wouldn't want to delay any pending update, but just thought I'd offer my wish list.

Dave KE4UW
2 users thanked ke4uw for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/18/2020(UTC), W5GA on 2/21/2020(UTC)
N5XZ
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 8:41:50 AM(UTC)

?????
73, Allen N5XZ
W5GA
#13 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 12:16:39 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
We've all been waiting for MMTTY for over 5 years now. Don't hold your breath.
1 user thanked W5GA for this useful post.
N5XZ on 2/22/2020(UTC)
N5XZ
#14 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 11:59:02 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: W5GA Go to Quoted Post
We've all been waiting for MMTTY for over 5 years now. Don't hold your breath.

Yeah, maybe it's finally time to move on to another logging program that keeps up with technology. I am saddened that Dennis has relegated LOGic to the back, back, back burner.
73, Allen N5XZ
OZ4CG
#15 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 11:43:27 AM(UTC)
Carsten Gjessing

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Just to add my wishes to the discussion:

1) Support upload to Clublog similar to what currently exists for LOTW, with options to upload entire log, or only new QSOs since last update.

2) Add some kind of RTTY interface, preferably MMTTY, to allow making and logging RTTY contacts from within Logic.

3) Fix glitch during logging that deletes DXCC entity of previous logged QSO if ESC is hit to clear the log screen. So here’s the scenario: You click on an entry in the spot log so the radio moves to the right frequency and mode, and the call sign information is entered in the Logging screen. But you are unsuccessful in completing the qso, so you hit ESC on the keyboard to clear the log screen and not enter the QSO in the log. When this is done, the entry for the DXCC entity for the PREVIOUS QSO is deleted. Its sort of an annoying back door way to inadvertently inject errors in the log that will need to be sorted out manually later. Note that if the ESC icon on the logging screen is used, the previous logged QSO is not affected—as should be the case.
Some days ago I made a Log (Search: DXCC = Empty) and manually corrected 75 QSO, as I earlier have done too. Would of course be nice to avoid...

WSJT-X has not yet infected my station, but may be come...

Just for letting you know...

Best 73 Carsten / OZ4CG
N5XZ
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 3:07:17 PM(UTC)

Dennis,

I received an email from a LOGic user asking me if he made a mistake changing to LOGic for all the reasons indicated in this (and other) message string(s). What should I tell him?
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 2:24:15 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Please ask him to contact me.

Sincerely,

Dennis WN4AZY