logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Strange Logging by Logic9
K2WH
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 5:06:26 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I've been going over my log for the paste 18 years and started to see strange entries like foreign DX being logged not only as DX but also as a US state.

Looking at the call letters bio's, some of the DX stations do in fact have mailing addresses in the US on QRZ.com which logic9 then includes it as a state worked also which is false. That explains that but, there is a more interesting thing going on in which a few DX stations are identified as a US station and NOT a DX country, at least in my logic software. That one I haven't figured out.

Further checking on some of these station, you can find out that a Russian station for instance logged as a Russian station but also as Michigan. Looking at their QRZ file, the Russian station happens to have the letters "MI" in their Russian address exactly where a US station in Michigan would. That explains that but it also skews the state count (I think).

The logging of true DX stations with US addresses is problematic in that if awards hunting for WAS or something similar, you may not actually have a correct accounting of how many states you actually have worked unless Logic9 takes into account that if a DX station has a US address, it will ignore it as a state worked in compiling state counts.

Here however, is one I can't figure out. Maybe its my computer but the call DL9NEI comes up not only as Germany but also California.

Looking at his mailing address and short bio I see nothing in there that would suggest California.

Just some observations and would love for others to enter those call letters DL9NEI and see what they get.

Bill
K2WH
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 9:37:21 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Hi Bill:

I turned on QRZ.COM and logged DL9NEI. It did not log CA. I am using version 9.1.39. I logged some US calls to verify that state logging is turned on.

I seem to recall fixing something like that in the past. QRZ.COM is not designed to be programmatically read, and the format can change at any time, so it is not the most reliable solution.

You can fix the data with these database commands. MAKE A BACKUP!

Go to tools/advanced/database commands. Type

USE LOG

and hit {enter}.

Then type

REPLACE STATE WITH "" FOR NOT (DXCC="K " OR DXCC="KH6 " or DXCC="KL7 ")

Note the space after K and KH6 and KL7. You can just copy and paste.

Do Awards/Update Awards Progress Info.

Let me know if any questions.

Dennis WN4AZY
K2WH
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:02:29 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I do not have that sequence in my Logic, Logic9 ver. 9.1.38. I have tools/setup but no database commands.

I have tools/advanced/database commands.

No matter, you state you made sure that state logging is turned on. I have no idea you could turn it off ? Where is that function ?

Other than that, I'll try using that string you provided, REPLACE STATE WITH "" FOR NOT (DXCC="K " OR DXCC="KH6 " or DXCC="KL7 ")

Thanks,
Bill
K2WH
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:01:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
It should be TOOLS/ADVANCED/DATABASE COMMANDS. Sorry.