logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

eQSL success ?
K1VC
#1 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2011 10:19:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I am about to call it quits with eQSL.net. Cursing I have not had any luck uploading or downloading from eQSL.net. Has anyone been successful? I am using LOGic 8.0.104. I am able to upload and download from LoTW.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:37:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
No problem here downloading (don't have any upload data to test with at the moment) and no other complaints. Do you get error messages or what?

Usually LoTW is the problem. There is a troubleshooting guide for it here on the forum. Maybe I will start one for eQSL. The first thing to do is go thru the process manually -- make an ADIF file and send that. And download and import one. That will make sure your eQSL account is working.

Also check to make sure that there is no virus checker or internet protection software blocking LOGic. Turn all that stuff off, then test.

Tnx/73, DH
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:06:09 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

I am using Logic 8 under Windows 7, 64 bit and IE 9.

eQSL and LotW download function as I expect within Logic. LotW uploads work as I expect from within Logic.

eQSLs fail to upload from within Logic. The process opens the IE 9 browser, but returns immediately with "Mark these eQSLs " etc. A check at eQSL.cc - no data uploaded.

A manual upload, using the eQSL file created in TMP works as expected.

As a general observation, eQSL processing often "times out" and "messages" appear within Logic. Sorry, I have not bothered to record the messages as it seems like a simple problem of "server load" at eQSL.cc The next time it happens I will record the messages. I usually check the "server load" facility at eQSL.cc and try again later. The process is serially repeatable, so no harm is done.

Messages also appear while downloading "pictures" from eQSL, the download often results in error messages - again, this seems like corrupt images coming down from eQSL which the Logic library processes get confused about. I just click Ignore, and continue.

I have adopted the practice of using "automatically check in these QSLs" without downloading the pictures. I then click on the "Download All pictures" button. That seems to have more success.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:39:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, upload to eQSL works here, same setup, LOGic version 8.0.104. There should be a IE 9 browser window open that shows the response from eQSL.

Does the OPEN EQSL SITE IN BROWSER work? Try turning off any antivirus software and see if that makes a difference.

When it opens the browser window, does it say UPLOADING TO EQSL, PLEASE BE PATIENT in red with a blue background?

Tnx &73,

DH
vk4iu
#5 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 12:06:34 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

I have just attempted an upload to eQSL. I cleared the flag on two QSOs.

I click on Export/Upload to eQSL. I click on "open eQSL site in browser" and IE starts and I can login to eQSL and examine my Inbox etc etc.

I click on "Export and Upload", and the dialogue opens, all options are ticked. I click OK, Logic finds the two QSOs. I close the window after checking the correct QSOs are about to be uploaded, and IE opens. I see the RED "Uploading to eQSL. Please be patient..." and at almost the same time a dialog box opens and says "Mark exported log records as sent to eQSL?".

If I wait for some minutes to give time for eQSL to do its thing (maybe), the QSOs do not appear at eQSL. If I look in the Logic TMP directory, I see eQSLQSOs.adi which contains the correct QSOs.

I then upload the file manually using the facility in eQSL.

Given IE 9 works for others, my guess is that, given all the "security stuff" we all need these days, something is different in my IE 9 config. But what?

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
vk4iu
#6 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 12:10:15 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

... I should also mention I am running Logic "As Administrator", and UAC is OFF.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:11:47 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, are you running any virus protection etc?

I am not aware of any IE settings that can break it.
K1VC
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2011 12:07:56 PM(UTC)

I just tried uploading to eQSL. It took a few minutes and then I got the following error:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problm with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

An error has occurred on the new server.

And LOGic gave me a window:

Mark exported log records as sent to eQSL?

I'll try it again and see what happens.
WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 9:38:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

That sounds for all the world like an EQSL web server error.

Apparently LOGic isn't testing for success of upload, or if it is it isn't working. That's why the browser window exists -- you can see if it succeeded or not. Since it didn't, answer NO to "Mark exported log records as sent to eQSL?"

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K1VC
#10 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 12:11:05 PM(UTC)

Thank you Dennis. I'll try eQSL after the first of the year. I have many eQSL's waiting to be confirmed and I don't feel like doing it manually if I can do it electronically (must faster).

Thanks for your help !

Happy Holidays !BigGrin
vk4iu
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:47:26 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

Since my last post on this thread, I have had some success and some failures.

I think most, if not all my problems are related to the eQSL servers and the loads being placed on them.

I have no problems using LOTW from within Logic8.

I am using Windows 7, IE9, with Logic8 running "as Administrator".

In IE9, Internet Options, Advanced I RESET to the default values, and then "ticked" Allow Active content on My Computer under Security.

The next upload to eQSL actually worked as I would expect! But since that ONE success, I have been unable to repeat that success.

Logic returns almost immediately from the eQSL "Upload request" and no data is uploaded.

I manually upload the Logic produced ADIF file in TMP to eQSL, and go back to work. Given I have a work around, there are more significant things to be getting on with.

I have no trouble using eQSL.cc from the same PC using IE9.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU