logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Spreading Windows Across Multiple Displays
W4EA
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:41:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Wondered it anyone has multiple displays at their operation position. I have several ham software programs that will allow moving windows to an adjacent display. It would be nice if you could do that with Logic 9. Such things as the Spot Log and the Browse window would be nice to have on the adjacent display. Just a thought.

I can also open separate browsers between the two displays.

Dan, W4EA
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:07:10 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Have at it. Right-click the form that you want to put in a different monitor. Click IN WINDOWS DESKTOP. Close and reopen the form or restart LOGic.

Search Help for Multiple Monitors and look at Basic Form Customization for more info.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W4EA
#3 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 10:10:26 AM(UTC)

Sorry about that Dennis, somehow I missed that in the User Manual. I need to get used to using the Help within the program, it elaborates very well. I did make the changes and that is great. Apparently "Browse" is the same as the Log, a component of" and therefore cannot be split out from the same page. No problem, I re-arraigned the various Forms and it works just great.

Dan
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 10:17:50 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes, the log window can be moved out. Go to Log/Form Properties. The Browse and Data Entry parts of the log form must both go IN WINDOWS DESKTOP or both in the LOGic window, however.

Tnx & 73,

DH
W4EA
#5 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 11:21:56 AM(UTC)

I should have realized that you need to do the main Log Form. I did try it and didn't like the results as it minimizes each time you access a different form. See what you mean.

Dan
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 11:46:29 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Here'something to try. Click the boat anchor button. By default the two forms are attached and minimize together. But you can detatch them and minimize and position them separately. (They still have to both be either in or out of the desktop as I mentioned).

If they are really minimizing when you select some other form, we have a problem. They should not minimize automatically.

DH