logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LoTW Windows 7 and LOGic 8
K1VC
#1 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2011 12:49:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Hello,

I setup LoTW on my old drive (Windows XP Pro) back in December 2008. Everything worked out great and I was uploading and downloading without a problem. Earlier this year, my pc died (I did back up LOGic). I installed Windows 7 but lost my LoTW certificates. I think the certificates expire every 3 years. Should I wait another 4 months or can I just request my new certificates and install everyting new? Will my previous LoTW confirmed QSO's be over written or lost? Will I need to start from the beginning and re-confirm all of my QSO's?

Thank you,
Vin, 73
K1VC
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:20:48 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
This is really a question for ARRL. Here is what I found:

http://www.arrl.org/renew-certificate
It basically says that if you renew your cert before it expires, it is easy. If it expires, you have to request a new cert.

I couldn't find much on "lost certificate".
http://www.arrl.org/file...our%2520Certificate.pdf
This basically says if you lose your private key password, you will need to apply for a new cert.

You will probably have to call ARRL. I have talked to people in the LoTW dept and they were quite helpful.

I do not think your current QSOs will be lost. If they are, no big deal, they are still in LOGic, right? Just upload them all again.

Sorry I can't be of more help. When you figure out what to do please post here so we all know!

Tnx & 73,

DH