logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Awards Report - Adding Contest ID field
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:23:18 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Trying to add the fields "contest_id" and "comment" to the base report so both always get run. I have already customized the heck out the legacy report (and 20 or so others) but can't seem to get this to work so must be overlooking something basic. I know you can select one optional field to print when running the report but I want to use that utility for other field(s). I tried the expression contest_id but that gave me a "variable not found" error, then when I double clicked on contest_id it created the expression Log.contest_id which didnt error but didnt print the field either, then tried tag_val('contest_id:',userfields) and that gave me the same result. Obviously I'm missing something elementary and need a memory jogger !!

de Brad
File Attachment(s):
Award Report-Add Contest ID field.JPG (49kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:09:02 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

Are you first creating a "field" in the detail line to contain the "contest_id" from the log QSO?

"Variable not found" sounds like you are not putting "contest_id" in a field you are creating in the detail line.

One needs to create a field - click on the Report Control item -- the one with lower case "ab" - then click and drag in the detail line to add your field, typing "contest_id" for the field expression in Field Properties.

You may need to create some room in the detail line by resizing, moving, removing existing fields, or making the detail line bigger.

Woops .. hang about a bit .... I have forgotten much over time ...

While I have made cosmetic changes to this report, I am no expect in how it all works - it is a bit special. And I have just realized - as usual after I pressed transmit ...

The Award report is not from your log, it is from the award progress information inn the Lists database - the DXCC list - and as such "contest_id" is not available - contest_id is a field in your log which is essentially not part of the award progress data and hence not accessible in the report.

If necessary I will stand to be corrected.
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
1 user thanked vk4iu for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 8/2/2018(UTC)
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 5:09:25 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Peter,

I, like you, "remembered" that the awards report isn't from the log. I've been modifying many of my customized reports the last couple days and while messing with my Log report I realized why it didnt work in the Awards report. Its been a few years since I messed with LOGic this much and so have been re-learning many things that used to be second nature.

Thanks Again !!

73 de Brad