logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Importing ADI file and FIXStuff prg
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 6:31:26 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hi Dennis,
in my last importing file, this morning, I had an experience as follows:

The Logic version is .29.
Imported adi file with NA, SA, JA, UA stations for a total of 48 qso make this night. The import aws been right!
Updated all the qsos with Callbook batch updated
Updated the qsos with QSL.cc and LOTW.
Updated QSL_SENT and RIG fields with MASSE CHANGE in Advance Database Command.
I ran fixstuff program to fill in the rest of fields and fix the wpx.
The CNTY field into USA qso was been empty.
Some JA qsos have had an update with CNTY value wich seems to be as JCC value.
The reason is fix stuff or LOTW wrong operation?
I sent You the adi file and an screenshot for information.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro

File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot630.jpg (239kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
wsjtx_log2.zip (2kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:43:36 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, do you know what step that the CNTY got added? It isn't in the ADIF file you sent me. Can you send me the file that LoTW sent back to you? I suspect that they are using the CNTY field for Prefectures or Guns. I think LOGic's JCG field is Guns, and JCC is Prefectures.

Callbook import won't import anything that isn't on the CNTY list. I need to make LoTW do the same thing.

Tnx & 73, Dennis WN4AZY
ZL4AS
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:08:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello Dennis and all

I am one of the miserable ones who have not "subscribed". I've been a user of LOGic since Version 4 and have paid for numerous "updates" until the subscription system was introduced. At that time I "choked".

Part of the reason at the time was the problems I was having with my Elecraft K3 and LOGic not happy with each other and all efforts Dennis made to resolve this being unsuccessful. My use of LOGic is now limited due to its inability to have a Webcluster connected via Telnet without continually crashing. So the facility to "click" on a needed contact is no longer available to me and missed badly.

So, ignore my comments if I don't count!

I regularly use other logging software, particularly N1NM+ for contesting and WSJT-X for some of the digital modes, especially FT8 of late. However, I use LOGic as my "base" logging software for maintaining my data for DXCC and other awards. For this reason I am regularly importing .ADI files.

For some time now I have had two problems arise after import. These are either:
1. JA's with a number inserted into the US County field, or
2. North American stations with rejected Zone numbers (can be either CQZ or ITUZ).

So after each import I have to edit to correct this. I don't understand the JA entries into the County field, but the North American Zone entries appear to be caused by the inclusion of a leading Zero in the imported zone number. I have read that there are variations in the interpretation of what is considered "correct" in .ADI files and suspect a clash due to that sort of thing.

I could send Dennis a copy of my log for his analysis but the files has become quite large with 40 years of DX-ing recorded. I know it is not large compared with many of my keen DX-ing friends but there are over 55,000 contacts included.

I see reference to linking WSJT-X importation to LOGic. If both that and the Webcluster/Telnet issues were properly operational, I might be convinced to become a "subscriber", rather than exploring other options.

73, Cliff ZL4AS
Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info
wa4pgm
#5 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 7:01:01 AM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Cliff I am a long time user of LOGic as well. Currently running the latest version with a Elecraft K3 and Telnet almost everyday without issues. Yes there was issues quite some time ago but I believe those have been corrected.

I am also having issues with CNTY and CQZ in which Dennis is aware of those. If run Fixstuff it'll correct those entries for you without manual edit.
73 Kyle
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/2/2018(UTC)
ZL4AS
#6 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 8:50:40 PM(UTC)

Thanks for that information Kyle.

The Webcluster/Telnet problem just drove me crazy at the time and no amount of playing with polling etc. lead to any resolution, so reluctantly, I switched it all off. I guess had I coughed up for the "support" the problem would have been resolved for me and I would not have denied myself the use of this handy feature meantime. At the time, my patience just ran out on me...

And thanks for the tip on dealing with imported log data. I shall investigate that and maybe give it a try. However, it would be much better if we did not have to do that either.

That only leaves the automation of importation of WSJT-X data which would be an extremely handy and time saving feature. Most of the local ZL hams keen on DX-ing use Logger 32 software which I believe has had this feature available for some time.

73, Cliff ZL4AS
Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info
IK0CHU
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 4:03:22 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hi Dennis,
I think you need this informations to solve the problem.
The zip archive contains the folder i made with the data about lotw and eqsl.cc sent and received.
Now every time send and receive data i create a folder with the date to archive if need in the future. Can it be automatized during the operations?
Thanks and 73's
IKØCHU Mauro

File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot645.jpg (182kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
ScreenShot642.jpg (102kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
ScreenShot641.jpg (85kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
2018-02-04.zip (8kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
1 user thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/4/2018(UTC)
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 6:17:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: ZL4AS Go to Quoted Post
Hello Dennis and all

I am one of the miserable ones who have not "subscribed". I've been a user of LOGic since Version 4 and have paid for numerous "updates" until the subscription system was introduced. At that time I "choked".

Part of the reason at the time was the problems I was having with my Elecraft K3 and LOGic not happy with each other and all efforts Dennis made to resolve this being unsuccessful. My use of LOGic is now limited due to its inability to have a Webcluster connected via Telnet without continually crashing. So the facility to "click" on a needed contact is no longer available to me and missed badly.
The K3 is solid now, and Telnet also. We totally redid Telnet. What version are you actually running? (Help/about).

Originally Posted by: ZL4AS Go to Quoted Post
I regularly use other logging software, particularly N1NM+ for contesting and WSJT-X for some of the digital modes, especially FT8 of late. However, I use LOGic as my "base" logging software for maintaining my data for DXCC and other awards. For this reason I am regularly importing .ADI files.

For some time now I have had two problems arise after import. These are either:
1. JA's with a number inserted into the US County field, or
2. North American stations with rejected Zone numbers (can be either CQZ or ITUZ).

That has been fixed in the .30 update. The ARRL changed some stuff on their end.

Quote:
I see reference to linking WSJT-X importation to LOGic. If both that and the Webcluster/Telnet issues were properly operational, I might be convinced to become a "subscriber", rather than exploring other options.
It will be done soon. We're close.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 6:20:38 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: IK0CHU Go to Quoted Post

Hi Dennis,
I think you need this informations to solve the problem.
The zip archive contains the folder i made with the data about lotw and eqsl.cc sent and received.
Now every time send and receive data i create a folder with the date to archive if need in the future. Can it be automatized during the operations?
Thanks and 73's
IKØCHU Mauro

Hi Mauro--

I think all of the issues with LoTW have been fixed. The .30 update still displayed the JCC# in CNTY on the LOTW import screen as shown in your screenshot641. However, it was not actually imported into the log. Basically, a cosmetic error. I fixed that too, so if you download and install .30 again, it will not longer show up there.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
IK0CHU on 2/5/2018(UTC)
ZL4AS
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 6:45:35 PM(UTC)

Thanks for responding Dennis

I am on Version 9.1.1

With K3/Webcluster/Telnet fixed I am encouraged to come on board again! All of that will make life much more relaxed for me.

And the importation of WSJT-X data will be a further simplification once it's operational. I worked over 100 entities on FT-8 up until Dec 31, then restarted my count and am in the 90's already since Jan 1 this year!!

Just 10 days ago ZL's were given limited privileges on the 60M band too, so I have been giving that a bash too.

73, Cliff ZL4AS
Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info