logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Spot Log Rig Control also splits or unsplits the FT5000
ki0kb
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:22:28 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I just noticed or should I say realized that when I hit the "set rig" or "log" button on the Spot Log my FT5000 goes to the designated frequency but it also puts the rig in the split mode. The next spot I send to the rig or log changes the frequency on the rig and then removes the split function. This happens with spots that are operating simplex with no split indicated on the spot log. My IC-7600 does not do this. Any thoughts or solutions?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:14:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi--

Try the latest update.
http://hosenose.com/Foru...nstall-this-update.aspx

Then let me know if you can set the rig from the log form properly.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ki0kb
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 2:40:41 PM(UTC)

After the update it appears to be working as before on the FT 5000. It puts the correct frequency in VFO A but splits the transmit function to VFO B. The frequency in VFO B is the same as it was before the Set Rig command was given. If I click on the Set Rig command again it puts VFO A as the transmit VFO. It's as if in addition to recieving the change frequency command it is also giving a Split VFO command. The spl button on the rig panel control at the bottom will depress and undepress with each click of the Set Rig button on the Spot log.

Also I will occassionally get these two error messages: "Operator/operand type mismatch." followed by "Variable 'FREQ' is not found." After ignoring both it does the same as above. These error messages seem to be at random. I have not yet noticed a pattern to when they show up after hitting the Set Rig command on the Spot Log form.

Otherwise the other aspects of the program seem to be working well for me up to this point.

Thanks for your help... Jeff Schwartz / ki0kb
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 12:14:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, can you set it with no problem from the log form or the rig control panel? I am trying to see if the problem is with the spot log or not.

In the log form under the log menu is SET RIG TO LOG. Try with a split freq QSO an a regular one pse.

Thanks & 73,

DH
ki0kb
#5 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 12:24:24 PM(UTC)

The Rig Control Panel works fine, all functions act as they should. Setting the rig from the Log Form also splits the rig as it does from the Spot log.
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2012 12:55:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Try this update & let me know.

http://hosenose.com/Foru...nstall-this-update.aspx

DH
ki0kb
#7 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2012 4:22:16 PM(UTC)

Dennis,
So now when I set the rig from the Log form on a split frequency log entry it puts the correct freq in both VFO A and B as it does from the Spot Log form but it continues to change the transmit VFO with each subsequent click on either form. It does that with a non-split entry also. So if I click on a split freq Spot log entry and my transmit VFO is A to begin with it works okay because it will put VFO B in transmit but if my transmit VFO is B to begin with it will put the correct frequency in VFO B but change the transmit VFO back to A. If I click on that same entry again the transmit the fequency stays the same but the VFO goes back to B and so forth. I'm also continuing to get the "Operator/operand type mismatch." program error that I have to ignor but that only occurs when I am clicking on a split freq station. A non split station this error code does not occur. The "Variable 'FREQ" is not found." error has gone away altogether with the new update.
Thanks again for all your efforts in this matter... it's getting closer. 73's de Jeff / ki0kb