logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Bureau or Not Bureau, that is the question
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:44:15 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Hi Dennis,
is it possible to have a flag in the logform to identify the DXCC country that has the bureau or not? It need to create a list of countries without bureau?
How can I avoid printing qsl of countries that do not have a Bureau? Is there a command to be entered before printing?
Thanks to Dennis or anyone who can help me.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
IK0CHU
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:48:50 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi,
Can anyone help me? On the top for reminder.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:00:07 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Hi Mauro,

There is no log field that indicates that a radio country has a card bureau.

There is a field in the Prefix table that indicates if cards for that DXCC can be sent to the ARRL bureau.

You can open the Prefix Table and filter the entries for "ARRL Bureau?" equals N.

My table shows 63 "radio countries" with NO for ARRL Bureau?

The question is - does the prefix table field "ARRL Bureau?" correctly indicate that, for you in Italy, a country does NOT have a bureau?

You can update the ARRL bureau field as you become aware that a country does not have a bureau, but your changes will be removed if you update the Prefix table with the next LOGic update.
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:12:26 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, I would use the VIA field for this.

You can see if a country is reachable via the ARRL bureau in the Info window. I presume Italy can send via buru to the same countries?

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

DH WN4AZY
IK0CHU
#5 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 6:10:21 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Peter & Dennis,
happy to read You.
My replay to yours questions.

The last update on ARI official website at February 2016 was N.146 Official Bureau, N. 6 Not Official Bureau, N.141 No Bureau.
For Your information look the attached excel file: Green DXCC Official, Red DXCC No Bureau and the rest are Not Official.
In the info windows there is a flag reported from Prefix table and the variable name is ARRL BURU.
Using the filter in the prefix table for ARRL BURU i have 117 "N" and 775 "Y" report.

The VIA field could be used for the printing filter but we must assume it always blank to fill in BUREAU or NOBUREAU. This is OK.
But in the reality the VIA field could be used for a qsl manager. Qsl manager using bureau or only direct.
So the simplest solution would be to put a print filter on the dxcc countries that do not have the BUREAU in the expression in the print form.
Actually i dont know how to do and if it is possible. I think no. The ARRL BURU is not in the list of variables.

Another solution is automatically add in NOBUREAU string in the comment field for the no BUREAU DXCC LIST when a qso is logged in.

I already use this command manually when a callname declares on qrz.com page not wanting qsl via bureau but only via electronic qsl.

Thanks for help me to find an appropriate solution.

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
SITUAZIONE BUREAU MONDIALI.xls (68kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
IKØCHU Mauro
1 user thanked IK0CHU for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 11/23/2017(UTC)
vk4iu
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 6:05:14 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Mauro,

I agree, I have already used the VIA field, and could not use it for Bureau?.

One can access fields in the Prefix table while printing a report of QSOs. One can also create special additional tables to access while printing QSOs.

The standard report "Prefix_Lookup_Demo" is an example of how to do this. See also the "Beam Heading" report. Modify the report and look at the Properties of the Detail Band in the Report.

The idea is to "link" the Prefix table to a field in the Log as the report prints. When the report runs, as each QSO is read from the Log, the Prefix table is automatically repositioned to the correct DXCC entry in the Prefix table by using the DXCC entry in the log QSO.

When a Report runs, for each QSO, for each field to be printed, there is a test in each field's properties called "Print When". Using the Expression builder for the field, you can select the Prefix table, the ARRL Bureau field, and stop printing for cards without a Bureau.

If one can do that for the Prefix table, you can also do that for a special table that you can create with fields for DXCC and Bureau?, indexed on DXCC.

Experiment with the "PREFIX_LOOKUP_DEMO" and you will quickly see what is possible.
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.