logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

World Map error
WB4YDL
#1 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 2:42:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dennis:

I installed Logic 9 and after fiddling with form fonts and finding the right rig driver for my K3, everything seemed to work just as in Logic 8. However now the World Map will not work correctly. I have it set to always be on top. When it first displays and the telnet logs on the cluster, it will not display the spots. Now clicking Setup on the map will cause it to crash and I see a big red X in a white box where the map was and an error box - states there is an 'unhandled exception' and 'overflow error'. Clicking Continue will make the error box go away and then I can close the map. Trying to re-open World Map just shows the red X box - no map. If I click the close button it will crash Logic 9 entirely. Attempting to re-open Logic 9 will ask to run clean and then it gets hung with 'access denied' messages. The only way to bring it back to earth is to re-boot the computer - then clean runs correctly.

My system is WinXP SP3 on AMD platform. Presently, I have World Map turned off. I can run Band Master with DX Atlas on a separate monitor and get what I need, but if a fix comes along for this, I'll take it. Running .027 update of Logic 9.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
w0sz
#3 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 2:58:48 PM(UTC)

Man

Originally Posted by: WB4YDL Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dennis:

I installed Logic 9 and after fiddling with form fonts and finding the right rig driver for my K3, everything seemed to work just as in Logic 8. However now the World Map will not work correctly. I have it set to always be on top. When it first displays and the telnet logs on the cluster, it will not display the spots. Now clicking Setup on the map will cause it to crash and I see a big red X in a white box where the map was and an error box - states there is an 'unhandled exception' and 'overflow error'. Clicking Continue will make the error box go away and then I can close the map. Trying to re-open World Map just shows the red X box - no map. If I click the close button it will crash Logic 9 entirely. Attempting to re-open Logic 9 will ask to run clean and then it gets hung with 'access denied' messages. The only way to bring it back to earth is to re-boot the computer - then clean runs correctly.

My system is WinXP SP3 on AMD platform. Presently, I have World Map turned off. I can run Band Master with DX Atlas on a separate monitor and get what I need, but if a fix comes along for this, I'll take it. Running .027 update of Logic 9.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL

Same set up here with K3 and WinXP and my World Map does same thing. Any help appreciated.
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:35:52 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Ok, sorry this one fell thru the cracks.

But I cannot reproduce it here. As long as you do not click SETUP, is everything OK?

W0SZ, do you have XP also? I tried it on XP before release and no problems, but will try it again.

This, maybe? http://www.microsoft.com...n/details.aspx?id=12786
LOGic 9 uses GDI+ extensively, so if that isn't working there will be problems.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis
wa4pgm
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:42:46 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Dennis this is the same thing I have seen for time to time. When I opened the World Map a minute ago I got a error then clicked ignore and the Map is working fine.

XP SP3
WB4YDL
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:37:16 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Dennis:

I tried the GDI update from Microsoft, but when running it, it states that what I have on the computer is newer than what would be installed. I just checked again and the map just won't work as stated in detail on my original post. Maybe there's a way to fix this GDI thing ?? It appears I'm not the only one with this problem.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:32:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Ok, I dug out an old laptop with XP and can reproduce the error 100%. I have tried a few things such as clean booting and reducing the pixel size of the map, to no avail.

It isn't an XP problem per se. I have two XP machines that work.

Anyway, wanted to give you an update. Will keep working on it.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
2 users thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
WB4YDL on 1/31/2012(UTC), wa4pgm on 1/31/2012(UTC)