logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Problem with ADIF export to ClubLog
ZL4AS
#1 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 9:34:16 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am currently unable to export my log info to ClubLog due to an error as it begins the upload in ClubLog. Everything looks fine as I create the export.adi file in LOGic; the error arises in ClubLog.

If any other users do this, have you any had problems?

I have W10 64bit and use Mozilla Firefox as my browser.

Error messages suggest security issues.

I have done a scan using ESET. My Firefox is the latest version.

Suggestion would be most welcome.

Cliff, ZL4AS

Subsequently I have tried using 2 different browsers: MS Edge & Chrome, all with the same result. So is it a problem with the file created by LOGic or is it something in my internet connection settings (permissions, proxies, certificates) or maybe firewall settings? I am not savvie enough with these things even after 36 years playing with computers!!

Michael from ClubLog has responded:

[i]Hi Cliff

Good to hear from you - thanks for the screenshots.

It is possible that the browser security options on TLS (aka "HTTPS" settings) are not working quite as expected. You could try the upload form that doesn't use HTML5, which is mentioned below the main upload form, or, for a quick cross-check, try another browser (in Windows 10 you can use IE11, Edge or Google Chrome).

I couldn't quite make out the details in the PDF but I have checked Firefox here on my computer, and found it worked ok. I'm sorry I don't have something more definitive to report back!

Michael G7VJR

I have tried the alternative upload without success. Cliff
Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W5GA
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:57:35 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Have you looked at your ADIF export in a text editor (Notepad is good for this), and compared it with one you know is good to see if there is anything different?
1 user thanked W5GA for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 9/20/2016(UTC)
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:07:31 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

What is the error you are getting exactly? Based on the response you got, it is either an erroneous error or not related to data.

You can make an ADIF file with something other than LOGic and upload it to see if it is data-related. Look in the TMP folder inside the LOGic install folder. There should be an ADIF file created by TrustedQSL the last time you sent stuff to LoTW.

It is possible that LOGic is exporting the notes and addresses, which puts carriage returns and line feeds in the middle of a record in the ADIF data. This is OK according to the specs (I wrote them hihi) but some software can't handle it. So if that is the case you can turn off export of NOTES and ADDRESSES.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
ZL4AS
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:06:57 AM(UTC)

Thanks Dennis and W5GA.
Comparing the LoTW ADIF and the ClubLog ADIF they appear OK so no help there. Turning off non-essential fields did not help either.
It appears to be something in my internet connection with ClubLog rather than something from LOGic, so thanks for helping so far. I will see what else Michael at ClubLog can come up with.

73, Cliff ZL4AS
Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info
ZL4AS
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:06:08 AM(UTC)

At last I have the solution'

The problem I have had since Sept 20th has been solved!

I had not correctly loaded my new LoTW certificate - how about that.

For some reason this affected the ADIF ClubLog upload from my Win 10 computer, but NOT from an older Win XP laptop.

In the meantime of course my LoTW uploads were not being processed either but I was unaware of that until I went onto the LoTW site and checked. There was no warning from LOGic - everything just looked the same as usual.

I had noticed that there seemed to be no recent LoTW confirmations. Once the certificate was fixed there were 100 recent confirmations in the next download!

Cliff Gray ZL4AS

QRZ info