logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Another LOGic 9 issue
W7AO
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:43:10 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

LOGic 9 Spot Log does not seem to be processing MODE=DATA alerts. Minor related issue- the Spot Log/Options "Process RTTY Spots?" check-off needs to be re-wored to be "Process DATA spots?"
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
N7IP
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:38:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Another potential spot log issue is that the DXCC description seems to be cut off at 16 characters. Making the column wider does not change the number of characters being displayed. I bet I'm just not understanding how to display more characters, but it is an issue for me.

Bob
KC6AWX
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:57:45 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Have u heard anything about the DATA issue?
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:24:24 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Spotting of DATA is fixed -- pse get the 0027 update, and open and close the spot log form as instructed.

Quote:
LOGic 9 Spot Log does not seem to be processing MODE=DATA alerts. Minor related issue- the Spot Log/Options "Process RTTY Spots?" check-off needs to be re-wored to be "Process DATA spots?"

Actually, this is by design. Right now, LOGic only processed RTTY spots in the DATA realm. The actual mode is RTTY. DATA is how it counts for awards purposes. Suppose we add spotting of PSK31 in the future. We would add another checkboj that says "Process PSK31 spots".

Quote:
Another potential spot log issue is that the DXCC description seems to be cut off at 16 characters. Making the column wider does not change the number of characters being displayed. I bet I'm just not understanding how to display more characters, but it is an issue for me.

That is a design limitation. If you want to try to change it, close everything. Go to tools/advanced/database commands. Type

USE SPOTS EXCLUSIVE
MODIFY STRUCTURE

Make the field in question longer.

Tnx & 73,

DH WN4AZY
W7AO
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:48:54 PM(UTC)

Actually, this is by design. Right now, LOGic only processed RTTY spots in the DATA realm. The actual mode is RTTY. DATA is how it counts for awards purposes. Suppose we add spotting of PSK31 in the future. We would add another checkboj that says "Process PSK31 spots".

I don't really care since I only work RTTY. Perhaps some of the other users would prefer something different.

Russ, W7AO