logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

PSK31 and RTTY logging
WB3ESR
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 7:46:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have been using Digipan for sometime to enjoy PSK31 QSOs. I have been checking "Digipan Interface" under "log" in my main log form. When I click on the call in Digipan it does record in the callsign box on the logic logform. However I don't understand how to get logic 9 to record name, QTH, etc automatically as indicated in Logic9 help window. Must I set up a separate logform for Digipan? If so...how?

My second question. I have been using MMTTY for RTTY which does not interface with Logic9. I'm considering purchasing MixW3 which I understand interfaces with logic9. Is that a good choice? And, how would I set up the interface with Logic9?

Sorry for the questions. I have been a happy user of Logic since Logic4.

Thanks,

Gil
WB3ESR
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W5GA
#2 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 4:47:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 98 post(s)
Don't get in a big hurry to buy MixW.....Dennis is working on something (hopefully MMTTY) for direct interface, but he won't tell us what or when.
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 4:51:56 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
HI Gil:

Does Digipan log the Name, QTH in its own log form? It should be getting passed on to LOGic just like the call.

MixW should be fine. Try a demo first to be safe. The interface works like Digipan. Just click Log/MixW interface as advised in Help.

Let me know.

Tnx for using LOGic & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

Will are planning to do FLDigi next.
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:56:29 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Actually, I started studying some MMVARI interface code. It looks like it has a clean interface. We will be doing that next. No promises on delivery date etc., but if you aren't in a huge rush, you might want to hang on....

DH
WB3ESR
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2015 9:09:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you for your quick response, and please excuse my delay in replying. To answer your original question, yes...the name, qth, and rst were being recorded in the log bar, but not into Logic. Based on your question, I figured the problem had to be on my end, so I deleted Digipan and reloaded it, and followed instructions closely on setting-up Digipan. Now it works! Everything is being transferred into Logic.

Also, thank you for the tip concerning your research into RTTY. I will drag my feet on purchase of MixW.

Gil
WB3ESR