logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Spots log order appearing by band - not chronologically
W8OI
#1 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 6:27:18 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Did I accidently click on something I shouldn't have? Starting a day or two ago my Spot Log order started sorting by band. It has always in the past sorted by time and date with the latest spot shown at the top. Now all the 160's are first, followed by all the 80's, 40's 30's etc. How can I fix this please?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W8OI
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2015 7:23:36 PM(UTC)

I would still like to know what happened, but I solved the problem. First I backed up my log onto a memory stick. Then I copied all LOGic files from another computer where I had the program also installed onto a memory stick. Then I pasted all those files into the LOGic folder on the computer that was not sorting properly. Finally I restored my log from the backup memory stick. I'm all back to normal now.
w2zi
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2015 9:14:24 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Garry,
Most (perhaps all) browse style forms in LOGic have a column-header bar (blue with white lettering in my case) with the title of that column.
If you hover on one of the columns with an asterisk before the title, you can click on that column and then sort on that column.

73s, Don
1 user thanked w2zi for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/28/2015(UTC)
W8OI
#4 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 6:55:33 AM(UTC)

Thanks, Don. So that's what the asterisk means. I must have clicked on the Frequency column-header by mistake. My bad. Duh.
w2zi
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:56:17 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Those are the ones that you can click on. For example, in the spot log you can NOT sort by 'Spot By' or 'Award' but only
by Call, Freq, Time posted, and Time received. I could see adding 'Award' or 'Spot by'. I looked at the structure for
this specific data base (spots.dbf) and its index; those are the choices. Dennis would have to modify the structure and,
perhaps, other consequences of making such change.

You can also rearrange the display by using that same bar to drag fields to see the ones you want without scrolling the
form. I've dragged 'LotW User' as I tend to work those more often BigGrin.

73s, Don

Originally Posted by: W8OI Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, Don. So that's what the asterisk means. I must have clicked on the Frequency column-header by mistake. My bad. Duh.