logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

CQDX MARATHON
w4qnw
#1 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2015 1:50:49 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
DO WE HAVE A TEMPLATE FOR THIS YEAR LONG CONTEST ???

I DONT WANT TO USE THE GENERAL LOG FORM AND FILTER...
TOO COMPLICATED.

ONLY COUNTRIES AND ZONES ALL BANDS ALL MODES

NO MULTIPLIERS.

HELP PLEASE HERE AND/OR CQW4QNW@GMAIL.COM

W4QNW

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
w2zi
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 9:18:58 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Sherwin,
Creating a contest form is straight forward but the basic part of contests in LOGic might not
be compatible with the Marathon. Basically, for contesting to work, you create a log form with the
contest period and scoring rules. It sets a field in every QSO to whatever the ID for the contest
you choose. This lets you score and report. Since your HamCall profile has you active in DX
contests, this will not be compatible with having LOGic score your other contests. I'm not sure
Dennis could/would add multiple contest IDs to the program.

I think you should learn enough Excel (or Google Docs) to be able to dump & import your entire log,
filter out for valid entries. Might have to do this more than once.

I'm not sure how you keep track of location as I've only worked you mobile twice in two different counties.

My installation has a file in the UTIL sub-directory called "asciiexport.PRG" that you can customize
and use to export the log. You will likely need to add several fields like DXCC, CQ Zone, Power, etc.
You will also want to change the default output file location. (I've attached mine.)

Once in Excel, you need to get rid of calls that do not meet the contest rules (location, EME, etc):
You need to select by power if you work QRP, by MODE, etc. if you are submitting multiple entries.
Create a calculated field of DXCC sort on it with UNIQUE. This should create one QSO for each unique country.
Create another calculated field of CQ Zone and sort with UNIQUE; this creates one QSO for each unique zone.

I'm not sure how to comply with the other guidelines like primary/remote station locations (how would one know?).
Reading the rules, it sounds like most expeditions can only result in only one contact. (Might have this wrong.)
You could add a USERFIELD to the log and tag entries that are (or not) valid for Marathon; add that to the export PRG and filter in Excel.

For some entries, you need to declare are the beginning of the year what will operate and stay with it for the whole year.

Note that you would need to do the Excel part multiple times as your /M work might get you multiple entries worth submitting.

This contest sounds interesting but too much effort.

73s, Don
W2ZI
File Attachment(s):
asciiexport_w2zi.PRG (1kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
1 user thanked w2zi for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 1/5/2015(UTC)