logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

contest reporting
W5GA
#1 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 7:35:03 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
I was in the CQWW this weekend on a very casual basis, and I used the stock CQWW contest form for part of the test, and the stock main logging form for part of the contest. The reason for this was I wasn't really planning on submitting an entry, but decided to at the last minute.

I went back through all the QSO's I made in the contest and put the contest identifier in for those that were made outside of having the contest mode turned on. Now, if I try to run a report (cabrillo submission), I get an empty log file. Any ideas?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 8:00:09 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
... have you reopened the contest logform, made sure that the config is correct?

You then need to re-score the contest.

Each qso should then have the correct fields in USERFIELDS.

Use the logform USERFIELDS to check.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
W5GA
#3 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 9:00:06 PM(UTC)

Thanks Peter. The log form is correct as far as I can see. The contest ID on both it and in the qso contest ID fields match. The dates on the contest setup and in the qso's match. When I rescore it shows zero, so something isn't picking up
vk4iu
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:21:36 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

... and what did looking at USERFIELDS tell you?

Compare a QSO made with the contest logform, and one made with the normal logform.

Peter VK4IU
W5GA
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:07:32 PM(UTC)

Log form userfields showed no difference with the exception of the large box in the top right corner of userfields showing the contest values for points.

The only difference between the main log form and the contest log form is the main log form doesn't have a box for continent.

vk4iu
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:53:50 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

... you are looking for differences between the QSOs - the ones made using the contest form, and the ones made with the standard logform.

There is no magic to running a contest logform, there is no hidden data. All the data, no matter what contest logfrom you use, is recorded by LOGic during the contest in the special fields in the USERFIELD field of each QSO. Note what I said - ALL the data is kept in the QSOs record, in the USERFIELDS field.

There is no difference in the USERFIELDS logform, other than that it shows the detail of the data for the contest.

Clearly when you are running the report, LOGic cannot find any of the QSOs you say you recorded during the contest. There must be a piece of the puzzle missing either from the QSOs, or the definition on the CQ WW contest logform, Setup, Contest.

So check these things ...

Open the CQ WW contest log form, and triple check that the contest logfrom has the correct contest id, and start and end dates covering ALL the QSOs you made during the contest.

Then re-score the contest - at the very least you should see a score that reflects your use of that contest logfrom. If you don't you need to correct that problem first. If that score is correct ...

Open TWO copies of the USERFIELDS logfrom, and look through each and every QSO - comparing especially the last ones you made with the contest logfrom and the first ones you made with the normal logfrom.

When you compare the QSOs you should notice that those made with the normal logform have NO fields for the contest. That will have to be corrected manually by you - it is too late for LOGic to do it.

How many QSOs are we talking about - contest form, std logform, total?

Peter VK4IU
W5GA
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:08:31 PM(UTC)

Fortunately, we're only talking about 142 QSO's. I'll take a closer look at things tonight. Thanks again, Peter.

73, Doug
W5GA
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:24:46 PM(UTC)

OK, finally got it (I think). I had to turn contest mode on both in the main log form and in the CQWW log form. Once I did that, it would score correctly.
vk4iu
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:08:34 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

... well, I wonder how that works!

When you "re-score" a contest, you make reference to one, and only one, contest logform.

When you run a report, there is only ONE contest logform that is referenced.

When you do a Cabrillo export, you reference one, and only one, contest logfrom.

I think you are miss-understanding something about what is happening. It would be wise to understand what is happening before the next contest.

With which logform are you running the report? If it works, it must be the one with the correct "parameters".
Peter VK4IU