logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Copy time from previous QSO
wd9hbc
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2014 9:54:09 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I've got a bunch of previous qso's to enter. When I enter a new qso, the previous TimeOn is being copied. I'm pretty sure that it didn't do this in LOGic8 (and I don't remember it doing it until I moved to this most recent computer. Other fields are as they should be, but the time one is driving me crazy, especially since I can't just type over, but have to backspace to get the correct time entered. I have real time logging turned off, but I can't figure out how to prevent the field from being populated when add the next qso.

Happy Thanksgiving and 73,

Jim, WD9HBC
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
w2zi
#2 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 10:56:20 AM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Jim,
You might find it easier to use the Generic Import feature [Tools -> Import log data -> Generic Text and XLS].
Where ever you have the data now, get it in to an XLS file or a comma/tab delimited text file. There's full
instructions by going to help and search for 'import', click on the first hit and scroll down.

It supports up to 60 columns including user-defined fields. DXCC, Cont, CQZ and ITUZ will be looked up and
added if missing.

When I first started using LOGic (v2 as I recall), I used this to enter my really old paper logs.

NB: The specific notes above are for LOGic v9 though he's had this working for a while.

73s, Don
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2014 8:39:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
LOGic 8 did it too as I recall. The thinking is that if you are entering several QSOs, the hour will be the same in most cases, if not the tens-of-minutes. Just backspace and type.

Typing {Ctrl+A}{Del} clears the field.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
wd9hbc
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:05:01 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Don, thanks, but the data is in my paper log (primary source, old fashioned) which I then enter into LOGic for awards and contest tracking.

Dennis, boy, I just don't remember doing it that way. Ctrl-A Del will work (keeps my fingers on the keyboard) but I thought I remember just having that field blank and entering it for each qso. Date always carried, and there's a couple of others I set up to do that through settings. Thanks for clearing my head and making sure I didn't have something weird going on (well it is, but it's in my head, not in LOGic).

Jim, WD9HBC