logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Problem with DXCC field in ver 9-0-71
OZ4CG
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:21:15 PM(UTC)
Carsten Gjessing

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi!
Since I downloaded ver. 9.0.71 I have a problem with automatic logging of the DXCC value:
To log a new QSO, usually I press CTLR + N to open a new window, when I want to log this QSO, but if the QSO for some reason is not established, I press "Esc", and LOGic returns to the last logged QSO.
Next time I hear a station and want to log a new QSO, I press CTRL + N again, but then the DXCC field of the last logged QSO is deleted and the field in the main log becomes blank! Surprise!!
Can anyone tell me why?? Or is my procedure just odd??
Best 73 Carsten / OZ4CG
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:08:24 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Carsten:

Sorry, but that sounds like normal operation to me.

Here is the sequence I am seeing:

I have TY1AA with DXCC TY in the log already. It was the last QSO I entered.

I press {Ctrl+N). It adds a new blank record (it does not open any wondows). I type OZ4CG in the call field and press {Tab}. It logs OZ for DXCC. I don't make contact. Darn. I hit {Esc}. TY1AA and TY appear. OZ4CG is no longer in my log now.

I hear F6DEX. I press {Ctrl+n}. I get a blank record. The DXCC is blank because until I enter the call, LOGic has no idea what the DXCC should be. I enter F6DEX in CALL. F appears in DXCC.

Tnx/73,

Dennis WN4AZY

OZ4CG
#3 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 9:21:59 AM(UTC)
Carsten Gjessing

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi Dennis
Thank you for your quick answer.
Yes you describe a normal operation, and it works well.
But the problem is, that when I in your example have missed the QSO with OZ4CG and pressed {esc} and returns to the existing TY1AA record, next time when I pres {Ctlr+N} to have a new QSO - now with F6DEX, then the DXCC field of the existing TY record is blanked!! Later after the QSO with F6DEX, I have to go back to the TY1AA record, and manually fill the DXCC field with TY.
The problem only appears, if I have used {esc} to delete a nonfulfilled QSO, and start over again with {Ctlr+N} (second time) from the last logged QSO (TY1AA).
I hope you see what I mean?
Best 73 Carsten / OZ4CG

WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 9:55:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, sorry, I didn't understand that it was screwing up the QSO that had already been logged.

But I have had no other complaints, and I can't reproduce it here. I tried putting the cursor in the DXCC field before typing {Ctrl+n} & {Esc}. No problems.

You say you have to press {Esc} for it to screw up. Does the Undo button (which is supposed to do exactly the same thing) not screw up?

Try doing CLEAN UP INDEXES AND TEMPORARY FILES. Just a shot in the dark tho. I don't see how a bad index would affect only the DXCC field tho.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis