logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Moving Columns in Logic8
K2WH
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 1:17:16 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I have been dragging and dropping data columns in the main log from right to left in the layout I would prefer.

IE. LOTW R and LOTW S columns which are now all the way to the right and off my screen to the left columns nearer to the calls, band, freq. and date columns. I know how to drag them over but they will not stay there when shutting the program down. How do I save the column line up when exiting the program.

Another question: Can the "User" columns be deleted?

Lastly, how can I maintain or save the column widths. My frequency is only 4 digits wide and is cutting off numbers. I know how to temporarily widen them, but shutting down the new width is not saved.

Thanks,
Bill
K2WH
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 11:03:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

The column arrangement, order AND width, should stick when you exit the program or just close the log form. There is no way to explicitly save them, and in fact it should be impossible to NOT save them. So I am not sure what is going on.

Do you have more than one log form open? It should still work of course, but just looking for anything that may be a factor.

Quote:
Can the "User" columns be deleted?

They can be hidden. Just drag the width to as narrow as possible. There will be a thicker line so that you can drag them wider if you change your mind. You could drag them off to the right out of the way before narrowing them down to practically nothing.

WN4AZY
K2WH
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 6:24:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi--

The column arrangement, order AND width, should stick when you exit the program or just close the log form. There is no way to explicitly save them, and in fact it should be impossible to NOT save them. So I am not sure what is going on.

Do you have more than one log form open? It should still work of course, but just looking for anything that may be a factor.

Quote:
Can the "User" columns be deleted?

They can be hidden. Just drag the width to as narrow as possible. There will be a thicker line so that you can drag them wider if you change your mind. You could drag them off to the right out of the way before narrowing them down to practically nothing.

WN4AZY

Yes I do have more than one. A main log and a main(2)open. It has been that way for some time and I do not know how to get rid of the Main #2 log.

Solution?

Thanks,
Bill
K2WH
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 8:44:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Ok, I don't know that the second log form is an issue. It could be confusing -- you think you are configuring one, but are actually configuring the other. Note the (1) and (2) after the text on the title bars of the browse windows and data windows. That will let you know which one goes with which. Of course, if you have say the Main log form, and a contest log form open, then there will be different text titles as well.

To close the second one and keep it from reopening, click Forms/Log Form. Click NONE for AUTOMATICALLY OPEN 2.

Let me know!

DH
K2WH
#5 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 6:34:28 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I don't know that the second log form is an issue. It could be confusing -- you think you are configuring one, but are actually configuring the other. Note the (1) and (2) after the text on the title bars of the browse windows and data windows. That will let you know which one goes with which. Of course, if you have say the Main log form, and a contest log form open, then there will be different text titles as well.

To close the second one and keep it from reopening, click Forms/Log Form. Click NONE for AUTOMATICALLY OPEN 2.

Let me know!

DH

You sir are the man! That fixed it. All is OK now. I should have asked for a fix a long time ago.

Regards,
Bill
K2WH