logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Washington State QSO party
w7gtf
#1 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 8:35:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I do not understand how to set up a list of counties in Washington so that I can determine which I worked during the contest (Salmon Run - WA QSO party). Can this be set up so that I see it in a window as I go along during the contest to see which counties I need on which band?

Thanks,
W7GTF/Ron
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 11:29:54 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Ron,

Before I spend too much time on this ...

Did you load the "WA QSO party(Salmon Run) (Inside & Outside State)" log form. Use Forms, All Log Forms.

Have you read the Instructions in the Description for the Contest log form?

Have you examined the configuration tools for the contest in the log form, Log, Setup?

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
w7gtf
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:44:52 AM(UTC)

Man

Thanks for the quick reply and yes, I did. The second instruction (after tools/setup/list of valid values) is click GET. I don't see a button for "GET"

Ron
w7gtf
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:46:39 AM(UTC)

Man

Peter,

I have the latest version of Logic9 installed.

Ron
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:29:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Originally Posted by: w7gtf Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the quick reply and yes, I did. The second instruction (after tools/setup/list of valid values) is click GET. I don't see a button for "GET"

Ron

It is the binocular button.

Thanks,

DH
vk4iu
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:51:30 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

The "GET" tool for a database is all through the dialogues in LOGic - symbolised by the "binoculars" - with the short cut Ctrl-G.

To address the other issue - "what have I worked, what is un-worked so far" in the contest ...

Clearly I have not run in, and won't run in the Salmon Run, but I tried a few test QSOs and the following worked for me during my testing. I hope it works for you without too much trouble.

We can use the award Progress List to monitor progress in any contest. Some of the configuration steps are done automatically when you load the contest form, and if we add a few more steps we can track our progress.

After you load the Salmon Run contest form, and automatically create the user fields, open Tools, Setup, Log fields, and enable the CNTY QSO user field and mark it "Edit using lists table". If you have not yet created the list of counties for CNTY QSO, you will see a dialogue suggesting you do so.

Assuming you successfully create the list for "CNTY QSO", use Awards, Setup, User defined fields and update the definition of CNTY_QSO and mark it for Awards Tracking, setting the Calculated field expression to GETUSERFIELD("CNTY QSO") and the QSO FILTER to CONTEST-ID equal to the WA QSO Party, and the QSO_DATE greater or equal to the day the contest starts.

Save the changes to the User Defined Field, and update Awards Progress.

During the contest, have open the Progress List dialogue, select CNTY QSO and select Multiplier, and display the Award progress. As you work QSOs in the contest, by pressing Back, and then Next, you will see what counties in the list have been worked and what counties have yet to be worked.

If you open one or both Award Progress displays, select the CNTY QSO award, Multiplier, and you should see what has, has not been worked on each band and mode.

Good luck, enjoy the contest.
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.