logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Report: DXCC, Challange Award & Top Lists Summary
w6rll
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:52:02 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

[img]null[/img]This is a very nice report, but as of Logic 9 it has a problem. If you look at the printout all is OK except
the lower left hand corner where you see TOTALS: Mixed is OK, CW is OK, Phone displays the RTTY numbers and
RTTY is ZERO. The correct data is shown in the upper right corner of the report. I will try to attach a copy of
the printout to this note. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. In Logic 8 it ran fine.
Thanks and 3 de Joe.
File Attachment(s):
logic.jpg.bmp (11,645kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:46:57 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Joe,

I think I see the problem, and have made a couple of changes.

The updated report is attached.

Download the files, and put them in your Reports folder under the LOGic installation folder.

I have added an "underline" to the report name, so it will not overwrite the standard report. Look for the same name, but with an "underline" at the front.

File Attachment(s):
_ DXCC Challange report.zip (11kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
w6rll
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:53:55 PM(UTC)

Hello Peter. Thank you for assistance. Right now I am trying to download the .zip file to my desktop without success. It says that it has been downloaded 12 times so some have done OK.
When I click on the _DXCC Challenge report.zip to download it the file name that appears to be downloaded is resource_ashx?a=427. 73 de Joe.
vk4iu
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:35:32 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

Hi Joe,

What happens depends on the browser you are using, and any download managers, if any, you are using.

For plain old IE or Firefox, you need to point at with the mouse, and right click on the file, and left click on "Save Link as..." or "Save Target as ...".

It has to be a ZIP file because of the forum security restrictions. After you download the file, you should be able to open the ZIP file in Windows Explorer and simply copy the files to the Report folder.

Peter VK4IU
vk4iu
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:15:25 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

... there are a few more places in the report that are in error.

Attached is my latest update.

Some feedback would be nice. What are others seeing? Is the report now correct?

File Attachment(s):
_DXCC Challenge Report.zip (11kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
Peter VK4IU
vk4iu
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:02:40 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

Some of you may be getting a slightly different result with this report. I think I know why. Feel absolutely free to correct my work - I make mistakes all the time.

The more one mucks about with the LOGic reports, the more information comes to light, and the better I am able to track my own progress.

LOGic has a long history, with many changes along the way. Most of us do not use many of the reports, so sometimes the changes to LOGic in general are not reflected in the reports, and the error goes unnoticed for a long time - in this case over twelve months since the release of LOGic 9.

If you read the description of the "All Band All Mode awards progress-DXCC Challenge" report, you will find this reference ...

This report shows a maximum of 14 bands and 5 modes. The bands displayed are
the first 14 bands in the band table. The modes are the first 5 modes
entered in General Ham Setup. LOGic 3 customers may modify a copy of this report
to report additional bands and/or modes. For instance, you may want to make a
report that shows bands 15 thru 30 and modes 6 thru 10.

Note the old references to the way MODES used to be set up - probably back in Ver 4.

So I made a bit of a guess that what is said in that report, is probably true of the "DXCC Challenge Report".

The way MODES are now defined is via a table, and each of us is able to add or remove modes from the table any time for our own personal use. There were a lot of requests for modes and were added when LOGic 9 was released.

When LOGic starts it reads the MODE table, sorts it all, and creates an "array of AWARD modes" in alphabetical order.

This is the mode list for LOGic 8 ...

Logic 8 Modes list

... and this is the list for LOGic 9 ...

LOGic 9 Modes list

Note the addition of ATV as an IMAGE mode for awards, and the fact that all sorts of modes are now considered DATA modes. Note that Logic 8 only has RTTY as a "data" mode and only THREE modes in total for awards processing.

As an experiment, I changed the AWARD mode for ATV to XXX - and then opened the report. The result ...

New mode

So there we have the reason for the failure of the report in LOGIC9. An additional IMAGE mode added to the mix, moving the PHONE mode in the alphabetical order of modes, destroying the references from the RTTY totals at bottom left. The report attached to the previous posts has been corrected for the RTTY totals referencing the correct DATA MODE position at top right.

Clearly few have been changing the modes table, and for most DATA is RTTY only. But I personally want to operate more PSK modes and would like to track my progress for my own personal satisfaction. I want to see what can be done.

So I will be updating the report to take account of the new MODES arrangement, and will post the result when complete.

I would appreciate feedback on the DXCC Challenge report as it stands. All the better to produce an improved result.

Peter VK4IU
w6rll
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:23:02 AM(UTC)

Hello Peter, The Challenge report looks perfect now. This morning when I fired up the computer I had no trouble downloading and transferring the files.
Thanks again for your help. I use this report and the "Cards Needed" report all the time.
&3,
Joe
vk4iu
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:51:27 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

I have finished my first attempt at an update to the report to reflect the band mode definitions ... errors and omissions accepted. Previous attempts were simply quick patches to the old report.

If you downloaded the reports attached to my previous posts on this topic, you need to replace them with this report - the older versions still contain subtle errors for TOP LIST/MODE AWARDS.

Please keep in mind this report needs to be validated. If anyone downloads the report, please provide feedback as to the success or failure with your personal log. It seems OK with my log, based on the default modes and bands as supplied with LOGic 9.

As we know, from my previous post, this report is heavily dependent on your configuration of your BANDS and MODES.

Because of the way LOGic reports are defined, the report definition makes some assumptions - particularly the ORDER of modes and bands you have defined.

The standard report description includes this, which I do not fully understand.

The TOP MODE AWARD counts will include 60M, and will not be accurate if there are any DXCC entities worked ONLY on 60M

The band counts for 60M are NOT in the counts TOP LIST/MODE AWARD - the data for the THIRD band in the band list is ignored. The extraction of award data for the report is in a "black box" as part of the code for LOGic 9. I have no way of verifying the data for QSOs "worked ONLY on 60M".

If you add any AWARD modes for your own use, do as I have done and make sure your award mode is LAST in the alphabetical list of modes. PSK for my log. DATA must be the SECOND, and PHONE the FOURTH in alphabetical order or the totals for TOP LIST/MODE AWARDs will be wrong.

Keep in mind DATA includes all the digital modes - not just RTTY. See the LOGic 9 MODES table. I do not chase the official awards. I am content to measure my own progress.

Could someone, who chases these awards, please verify that this is appropriate for this report.

File Attachment(s):
_DXCC Challenge Report.zip (11kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
Peter VK4IU
vk4iu
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:18:23 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

Is see my report has been downloaded a few times.

Does anyone have any feedback to offer? ... is the report correct?

Peter VK4IU