logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

double QSO
4z5sl
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:15:47 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hi.
for digital modes i use HRD.
here is what i did:
1. i exported all my Logs from Logic 9 to an ADIF file.
2. imported it to HRD and worked digital modes with HRD.
3. exported ALL the logs (the old ones and the new digitals) from HRD log to an ADIF file.
4. Imported the ADIF file into Logic.

i have now duplications for all my QSOs. i.e. the same QSO apears twice in my Logic log file.

1. how can i prevent it in the future?
2. how shall i fix it?

thank you
Dani
4Z5SL
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:27:31 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Dani,

It is very handy to know what version of LOGic you are using. It makes life easier for those trying to help.

Look on the bright side. You will never again forget to MAKE A BACKUP.

I guess you would not be asking if you had a backup of your log. I advise taking a backup of the log, now, even with all the duplicates, before you make any more changes. Don't overwrite any backup you have previously taken.

You have three options ....

First. In LOGic 9.0.61, there is a tool, see Tools, Miscellaneous Utilities, called "Delete Duplicate QSOs". Use that. Check that it did what you want. Take another backup. Go have a beer and relax.

Second. If you have a backup, restore it, overwriting your log back to before the import. Go back to HRD and export only the new digital QSOs, and import them into LOGic.

Third. If you have NO BACKUP of your log before using HRD ....

I will assume you still have the HRD database. Make a backup of the HRD database - that would be a good idea.

Carefully examine the QSOs you imported from HRD. Compare one of the original LOGic QSOs with the duplicate you imported from HRD.

Do this by loading the USERFIELDS Log Form twice. Arrange the two forms on the screen side by side and position one to an original QSO and the other form to the same QSO imported from HRD. Look for differences, particularly in the USERFIELDS field. Check a lot of the records.

If you can find NO difference between the records, it will be impossible to tell which is a new and which is old. You will have to delete your LOG, and re-import the ADIF you created by exporting from HRD.

If you can see a difference - an additional user field imported along with the data from HRD - you can use Tools, Advanced, Database Commands to erase all the duplicates you imported from HRD, carefully excluding those NEW digital QSOs you created in HRD using QSO time and date.

Ask for more help if you need it.

How can you prevent this in the future ....

Learn how to "filter" QSOs when you export from HRD. Export only the NEW QSOs from HRD for import into LOGic - QSOs since date, time.

Ask yourself why you needed all those old QSOs in HRD. Were they really necessary - or could you cope without them.

We all make mistakes. I guess you will never forget to take the time you need to make backups on a regular basis - before you do things like IMPORT QSOs.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
1 user thanked vk4iu for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/6/2014(UTC)
4z5sl
#3 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 7:14:48 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you Peter.
i am using Logic 9 (61)
i run the utility you proposed and all is OK now.
you gave me a very good answer and i know now more. Thank you!