logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Award reports - which should I update first?
vk4iu
#1 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 6:16:19 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

I now have some 22,000 QSOs in the log, to the point where Award reports are worth while.

I have been going through the LOGic Award reports checking which ones work for me and which have bugs, omissions, errors etc.

I have corrected one or two, and in the absence of any response to this topic, I will continue on my own way.

So far, I have simply started at the top and worked my way down through the list of reports.

Before I start any further work, are there reports in the standard LOGic set that others are finding problems with and would like an update/a correction/a change?

Just reply to this topic with the report name and I will see what can be done.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
W7OO
#2 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 9:55:49 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey Peter,

You asked so.......................

Could you look at the QSL label reports specifically the MULTIPLE QSL LABELS 3 QSOs/LABEL 3 ACROSS report.

The problem with this label is that on my printer it prints QSL TNX or PSE QSL so the letters fall 1/2 on the label and 1/2 on the next label. I tried tried to modify the report by the drag and move technique but the adjustment steps are way too crude to solve the problem. I also tried to make the point size smaller and that did not work for me either.

I also would love to see a QSL label report that printed more than 4 QSOs on larger label stock.

If the stock for these labels is not available to you I would be glad to send you some sheets plus the alignment sheet.

If there are easy to understand instructions you can give the ones of us that are not programmers for modifying a label I would very much appreciate it.

Since these are both enhancements please work on the bugs that may be reported to you before you consider these requests.

Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Bill
W7OO
vk4iu
#3 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 4:46:16 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

No worries Bill. First in, best dressed - as my Mum would have said.

What brand of Labels are you using - Brand and code? Or, if you have an A4 scanner, highlight the "joins" in a blank sheet and post the scan to the Forum. Or - get a metric ruler and post a list of distances to the "joins" measured from the left edge, and the top edge of the paper - only say the first 5 rows of labels are necessary.

I will then rule up a blank sheet of A4, and copy a few sheets in my scanner for testing.

If you can produce an example of the errors - scan it and post it to the Forum.

Double check the report ... Is this the report?

MULTIPLE QSL LABELS, 3 QSOS PER LABEL 3-ACROSS

3x3 labels
Peter VK4IU
vk4iu
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 12:57:06 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day Bill,

I had a quick look at this report. Before you go to a lot of trouble make some checks ...

If you are using an Ink Jet printer, you need to consider that the printer may not be able to print on the very top edge of the paper - maybe for photo paper, but not for plain paper or label stock. This will mean that there will be a small part of the top of the page on which you cannot print.

As standard the report has a header of .5 inches, and then prints labels at a 1 inch pitch.

On my Canon ix4000 printer, the label pitch is correct, but the top of the label came out at and 9/16 rather than .5 inches from the top of the page. I dropped the size of the header to .46 inches and now it is at exactly .5 inches.

You may need to adjust your "header" size, to allow for the non printable part at the top.

If you want to try, modify the report and click in the layout window. Point at the "Page Header" bar and right click, and left click on Properties, and decrease/increase the Page Header height.

Print some QSLs on plain paper, hold a label sheet and the plain paper together in the light of a window and see what result you get.

You can repeat this as many times as you want - just answer N to the "mark QSL_SENT=F" message. When you print, use an appropriate filter to limit the labels to one page, or Display the Print Dialogue and ask for pages 1-1.

Peter VK4IU