logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Use of LOGIC Keyer During Contest
WB3ESR
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:43:10 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Back when I originally purchased LOGIC 4 I also purchased the LOGIC Keyer so I could use my computer keyboard when using LOGIC and using CW. I have continued to use the same LOGIC/keying arrangement through the years and am now using LOGIC 8. The keyer still works great. However, when using LOGIC and the keyer for contesting I do have a problem that I'm hoping another user may have solved and can share...

When contesting I generally search and pounce so before each contest I program the CW function keys with the appropriate exchange, and other situations that can be resolved with the touch of a function key...such as repeat exchange or a section of the exchange, or "agn," etc. I can sometimes operate an entire contest without touching the keyboard to send cw.

However, my CW has gotten better so I want to operate more in the "running" mode than in search and pounce mode. In the running mode using only the CW function keys does not address all of the situations (like in S & P) so it becomes necessary to use the keyboard to send cw to address the special situations such as responding to partial calls, etc. I've found there is no easy way to use the keyboard when in the contesting mode. I have to click on the keyer window, click on live keyboard, before I can respond. Then I have to click on the contest log screen to maximize it so I can record the contact. I would like to just touch the keyboard when necessary instead of doing all the pointing and clicking!

Am I missing something? Is it possible to use the keyboard to send cw while in contest mode? What have others done?

Gil
WB3ESR
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!