logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Importing ADIF file
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 6:50:45 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Hello Dennis,
importing an ADIF file, in the last record the Contest_id field, set in the previous form, is always missing.
I'm using Logic .60, XP SP3
Thanks
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:26:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Mauro:

Are you saying that if you import ten ADIF records, each with CONTEST_ID, the 10th record will not have CONTEST_ID filled in?

What do you mean "set in previous form"? The log form has nothing to do with importing.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis
IK0CHU
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:05:21 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Dennis
The procedure Tools / Import / ADIF ..... asks you to enter the power value and contest_id (if missing in the file).
Filling the fields with 100 (watts) and DX (Contest_id) when transferring 10 or 25 or 222 records, the last one is missing both of the details. I checked with different transfers and the result was always the same.
Thanks for your attention.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
N0AT
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:36:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I notice the same situation here also. For the last record the Contest ID and PWR are missing.

Also, is it possible to use the country or prefix field from the ADIF file to set the DXCC field in LOGic? Sometimes LOGic sets the wrong DXCC due to the prefix table not being accurate.
IK0CHU
#5 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:55:41 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Ron,
I send you this attached file with a request to import it into your log for testing.
I have problems with the DXCC Croatia 9A which in logic becomes strangely DXCC KH8.
I have checked the prefix table, it does not seem that there are errors in both the setting of 9A KH8.
Let me know the result. Thanks
73's Mauro IKØCHU
File Attachment(s):
TESTADIF_DXCC.zip (1kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:52:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
I am seeing the same thing. I will take a look at it.

However, this ADIF record is WRONG. The DXCC should be the ARRL numeric code. There is no official list of DXCC prefixes. I take out the DXCC from the ADIF file, and it correctly imports as 9A, using the call for the lookup.

Where did this .adi come from?

I will fix LOGic to ignore invalid DXCC entries in the ADIF file. Meanwhile, turn off import of DXCC in tools/setup/log fields. I am curious as to how it is coming up with KH8 hihi. The ARRL designator for KH8 is 9 so I suppose that is the closest match it can find on that field.

I am not seeing any problems in the prefix table with 9A or KH8. It does the proper lookup from the log form.

Quote:
Sometimes LOGic sets the wrong DXCC due to the prefix table not being accurate.

I just want to point out that as far as I know, Logic's prefix table is accurate. The fact of the matter is that you cannot always determine the DXCC from a callsign.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
IK0CHU
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 4:50:08 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
i never used adif file with dxcc numeric code.
The problem of the country 9A, I seem to remember , it also happens with 4X . In fact, the field is filled with the DXCC value 3B6 . I do not know if this particular can help you understand what could be the problem.
I searched the forum an old post where I attached an ADIF file with all the countries that created problems with the transfer. I also had same confirmations from OMs . I do not know if you could find it in the forum for testing.
The program I used for the contest is WRITELOG and uses custom variables that I 'm going to rename with the correct name as DXCC and COUNTRY .
I attach the ADIF file of my last contest , already renamed to transfer into the logic .
Everything is working well except for some countries that I have reported .

I would like to know how fix the custom prefix table mods to avoid to overwrite the changes by future updates of logic .
Thanks and 73's
de IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
IK0CHU.zip (20kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro