logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

List of valid values - Adding new valid values
LA8OM
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 3:03:57 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In Logic 8 I could manually add new values (e.g. Japanese JCC and German DOK), however had to close Logic and start it up again before the new values were available in the dropdown list in the logging form.

With Logic9 (v. 9.0.49) the new values do not appear in the dropdown list. They are included and in the right position when opening the Lists form.

What is required to make the new values also show in the dropdown list?

Tnx & 73
Chris / LA8OM
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:28:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Chris:

Ok so you have for example an existing DOK list, and add a new DOK#, and the new DOK# does not appear on the log form in the dropdown list.

When you add a new value, be sure to select the proper FIELD NAME from the dropdown box. Check your new DOK to make sure it looks like the other DOK entries.

If that isn't the problem, exit LOGic and do CLEAN UP INDEXES AND TEMPORARY FILES from the Windows start menu.

Let me know if this doesn't fix it.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
LA8OM
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:10:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks, Dennis.

The new entries were all in place now. I've been in and out of the program a few times, and the 'issue' had solved itself - probably since there have been a few CLEAN operations as well due to forced program abort following 'Logic9 not responding'.

This latter situation is another (minor) snag I find, which typically happens when I - right after starting the program - attempt scrolling down the log lines using the down arrow after having looked up a call sign. I keep forgetting to avoid this intuitive action :-)

When the first actions after starting Logic9 is scrolling with page up/down, logging a QSO or just pressing 'enter' a few times in the current logging window, the program goes on working without hanging up.

Tnx for your quick response!

Chris / LA8OM