logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Email Alerts Issue
NK1K
#1 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 10:28:34 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have been using the alert feature with email without any issue in Logic 8. Then recently, it stopped working...no changes to settings were made. The error msg I get is: "The transport failed to connect to the server. Check your server name or address". Since I first noticed the issue, I have tried the following:

1. I upgraded to Logic 9 (finally...sorry). This did nothing (for this problem...the upgrade is great). I get the same error.
2. I have tried 3 different email servers that I have accounts with. None work. So, I do not think the problem is with my email accounts.
3. I have tried each email server with and without a port number that I know works in the server address (e.g. smtp.emailserver.com:123). When things were working perfectly, I did not need to specify a port in the address I was using, but I tested this anyway.

My machine is an HP Pavillion running Windows 8 (no hardware changes from when the emails were working (for about 10 months) to now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chris NK1K
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:15:10 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Chris:

Ok, first of all, I see there is some confusion about ports. You MUST know what your SMTP server's port is. The default is 25. So smtp.emailserver.com:25 is the same as smtp.emailserver.com I would just find out what the port is, and specify it.

Next, I would try disabling any internet protection software, or allowing LOGic as an exception. LOGic can't reach the server for some reason. It could be that some internet protection software is blocking it.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY