logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Auto Load to log from Callbooks question
W7OO
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:05:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello Denis and everyone,

Is there any way to better define what information is entered into the log from callbooks other than what is available in Log, Setup, Callbook?

I have re-watched the two videos on Dennis's web site and read the help file on Callbooks again. I could find no solution in either place.

I do want to automatically load the state, county, via, and grid. I do not want to load the name and QTH. Most of the time the person uses something different for name and QTH than what is shown in the various callbooks. For instance in my case W7OO shows my name as William (my given name) but of course I go by Bill and use that name on the air.

Is there any way in LGOic to better define what is automatically loaded from the callbooks?

Thank you,

Bill
W7OO
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 4:14:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Bill:

The way it is designed, it logs first name as a minimum. The thinking is that WILLIAM is better than nothing. When he says his name is Bill, simply overtype it. This is easily done by typing {Ctrl+A} to select the contents of the field, then just typing BILL.

After you work the guy once, and if you have COPY FROM PREVIOUS QSOs set up to copy name (it is on by default), it will get NAME from the previous QSO(s) and not the callbook.

Same deal with City.

City and State are considered part of the QTH, and there is currently no facility to select one and not the other. Of course the guy could have moved or is portable, in which case ALL of the location information could be invalid. Again, the thing to do is delete or overtype the incorrect information. Assuming the guy is operating from home, isn't the City going to be correct a healthy majority of the time?

Comments pse.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W7OO
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 6:44:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

You asked for comments so here is mine.

First let me say that I work almost all DX. There is very little rag chewing and very few contacts are in the US.

I am currently doing exactly what you suggested.

I have also tried no input into the log form from the Callbook.

I would very much like to see in some future version of LOGic a check box for name, QTH, and Via under the Log, Setup, Callbook menu.

It is just one more step to highlight and write over the name and QTH for almost every QSO.

Sure isn't a big deal however. When I originally posted I was hoping that there was some way that LOGic had it already built in and I just didn't know about it!

What do the rest of you reading this think?????

Bill
W7OO