logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Printing QSL, using filter, to send to unique Bureau
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:23:58 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Hi,
I have to print approximately 3000 QSL. Someone can tell me how to print QSL to an unique QSLBureau using only the appropriate DXCC country for the call and the rest of the world with the QSL manager of the same DXCC country? For example, to print QSL to IK0CHU and to UT5EPP via IK0CHU using the filter DXCC = I. These are QSLs to send to Italian Buro. Is all this possible or have to program the print file? In this case, I do not know how to do.
Thank You to All
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 9:49:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry, I think I don't understand your question. Do you want to know how to print one country separately, then print everything else?

Set the filter to DXCC="I" AND QSL_SENT="R" will print all QSOs for Italy (you can fill out the form -- you don't have to figure out the syntax).

To print the rest of the world, just do it as usual. When you print the Italian ones, it will ask to mark as SENT, so do that and they will not print again when you do everybody. Or you could do DXCC<>"I" AND QSL_SENT="R"

Please clarify your question if I misunderstand.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
IK0CHU
#3 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 10:59:04 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Dennis,
using the filter DXCC = "EA" and QSLSENT = "R" print QSLs intended for EA Bureau compresive of those who have the QSL manager of the same country EA.
In the same action would be to print out all our other QSLs who have QSL managers in EA country.
Example: QSL to EA bureau:

EA1XXX
EA2CCC via EA3BBB ........ IT'S OK but Also

I believe that the DXCC filter should also interact with the VIA field as follows

UA2AAA via EA4AAA

I hope I have clarified my question

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
N5XZ
#4 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 9:01:47 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I suggest you use Global QSL (www.globalqsl.com). You can upload all outgoing QSLs in an adif file, along with QSL via info, and they will print and ship to the appropriate bureaus. Save TONS of time and even money. Foe example, UA2AAA via EA4AAA will be printed and sent to the EA bureau.

Good luck!
73, Allen N5XZ
N5XZ
#5 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 9:39:18 AM(UTC)

Still waiting for Dennis to provide a GQSL interface in LOGic...
73, Allen N5XZ
IK0CHU
#6 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 1:02:42 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Allen,
to use GQSL system is a good thing as LOTW and eQSL according to the needs of each of us.
But the fact of the matter is not what you choose to use better than other things.
The GQSL system performs perfectly his work, but it does just that.
The logic is quite another thing. In its dynamism in use it makes many useful things to hams and to meet all the demands of users it takes a bit of time and just have a little patience.
Dennis did a great job and no one can deny it. It is also true that some little things could be improved and often users would like to believe that changes but Dennis just prefer to give priority to what is useful for everyone.
I like to make proposals for mods to have a software that satisfies me 100% of the times but I ask, sometimes, things that the program already does.
I just did not know it, at the bottom, because it is a huge program in its vast possibilities.
Dennis has implemented GQSL but not yet active, we give him time to finish the project.
Finally thank you for your advice Allen and I also too much greetings to Dennis for a good continuation in programming.
Ah ... I forgot .... Dennis I need a change .... hi hi
73's de Mauro IK0CHU
IKØCHU Mauro
N5XZ
#7 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 4:58:09 PM(UTC)

Mauro,

Regarding my first post, I was simply suggesting that you use GQSL to print all your bureau cards, with or without a manager, and GQSL will send directly to the indicated bureau for you. Much easier than printing cards or labels, separating, (sorting), and paying postage to the individual bureaus around the world. LOGic will print labels in country order, including if a manager is indicated in the "QSL VIA" field, which then will be printed along with the cards/labels for that particular country. It is one of the QSL label forms (not sure if available for printing full cards, though.)

Regarding my second post, it was just a gentle reminder to Dennis that I still wish this feature to be fully implemented. I have been discussing it with Dennis for at least 4 or 5 years now.

Ciao
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:22:16 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)