logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Pasting Text Into Logic 9
N0AN
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 5:38:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am trying to build some compounded (complex) filters for filtering DX spots after logging into my local DX Cluster (via telnet). I'm about to pull my hair out with failed filter attempts and since there are 3 lines of syntax for the filter, it's getting old typing it in over and over again. Is there a way to paste text into the Telnet screen of Logic 9 ?

I've tried Cutting text from a web page and then using Ctrl-V to paste (doesn't work). I've tried right clicking the mouse, hoping for a paste menu, no go, it sets up colors and fonts for the current window. How do I get something that I have already copied (again, just text) with Windows, into the telnet app?

TIA, 73

...hasan, N0AN
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:37:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Ok, it's a bit tricky, since typing Ctrl-V sends Ctrl-V to the cluster as designed.

Try this. Put the cursor in the textbox at the top of the telnet form. On the menu bar in the main LOGic window, click Edit/Paste. Now press Enter to send the text.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N0AN
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:16:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Ok, it's a bit tricky, since typing Ctrl-V sends Ctrl-V to the cluster as designed.

Try this. Put the cursor in the textbox at the top of the telnet form. On the menu bar in the main LOGic window, click Edit/Paste. Now press Enter to send the text.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

Thanks so much, Dennis, that works perfectly, at least for short command strings. I haven't tried it yet with the very long and compounded example in the Cluster documentation, but I'm going to get pretty brave here in a second... yes, I can copy from a web page (which has the example commands) and paste by anchoring the cursor in the transmit window of the your telnet client and then using EDIT > PASTE from the main logic 9 window. (then hit enter,of course)

I have also tried it from a text editor (copy and paste) and that also worked fine.

Here is an example of a command that I think a LOT of users might employ (or some variation thereof):

(upper/lower case doesn't seem to matter, but spaces are important, especially those in (Spotter = W3lpl-#))
Read as: (Spotter <space> = <space> W3lpl-#))

SET DX Filter ((spotttercont=na) AND (Freq >=1800 or Freq <=54000) AND Not Skimmer) OR (Skimmer AND (Spotter = W3lpl-#))

What this does:

1. Only spots from North America are accepted.

2. Only spots between 160 and 6 meters are accepted.

3. CW Skimmer spots are excluded (they fill up the spot log really fast and make it unusable), EXCEPT:

4. CW Skimmer spots from W3LPL are accepted (W3LPL has a wild card match of #, which translates to the more common * when it gets to the filter decoder)

If no skimmers are wanted at all,I think this would work:

SET DX Filter ((spotttercont=na) AND (Freq >=1800 or Freq <=54000) AND Not Skimmer) (not tested, but looks right)

Anyone wanting to set this to go in Logic9's telnet window can simply follow your instructions for pasting into the telnet command (upper) window

here is the URL of a fantastic site that explains and gives examples of the entire AR Cluster command set:

http://www.ab5k.net/arcd...erManual/ArcFilters.htm

Thanks again, and I hope this will help other people looking to set filters up in the telnet window to keep the spots under control.

...hasan, N0AN