logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOGic 9 Problems
K1ESE
#1 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 4:29:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Dennis -

Today I spent a lot of time with LOGic. I compiled a wish list of small and larger features that would be great in LOGic, at least for me. But I will save that for another day.

Today was marked by crashes of the program -

A couple minutes after a LotW download the windows crash message came up. Had to do a CLEAN before restarting LOGic. Telnet was active at the time, if that matters.

Attempted to log onto HamQTH callbook through the logbook form. My login failed and the messagebox didn't allow 'OK' or 'Cancel'. I had to close the callbook form which crashed LOGic. Again, telnet was active. I did clean, restart, and successfully logged into HamQTH with no problems.

The spot log form ampersands instead of underlines are back. I got rid of them by uninstalling and reinstalling LOGic, but had to reconfigure some forms and it was a lot of work.

Peter says the problems are not in LOGic, but you have suggested they are in LOGic and being worked on. Peter's suggestions for fixing my computer are extensive and difficult and I don't want to go through that if the issues are in LOGic.

I need your guidance.

73 de K1ESE
John
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:22:23 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi John:

Quote:
A couple minutes after a LotW download the windows crash message came up. Had to do a CLEAN before restarting LOGic. Telnet was active at the time, if that matters.

Well, if the LOTW download FINISHED first, that probably isn't it. What was the error message?

Quote:
Attempted to log onto HamQTH callbook through the logbook form. My login failed and the messagebox didn't allow 'OK' or 'Cancel'. I had to close the callbook form which crashed LOGic. Again, telnet was active. I did clean, restart, and successfully logged into HamQTH with no problems.

The spot log form ampersands instead of underlines are back. I got rid of them by uninstalling and reinstalling LOGic, but had to reconfigure some forms and it was a lot of work.

Sounds like video driver problems. However, you would think that if that were the case, reinstalling LOGic would make no difference.

We saved everything when we talked, so recovering the forms should just be a matter of copying files.

Have all virtual ports and non-FTDI-based USB=>RS232 adapters been removed from the equasion?

The only problem that has been acknowledged and verified is a very long error message that the report writer throws when a spot comes in. It happens very rarely, and I think may be just related to Awards reports that do a bunch of SQL. I doubt fixing that is going to affect any of this other stuff.

If you turn telnet off, do the problems go away (other than the alledged video problems)?

Maybe I should log in and take a look at your machine. I didn't last time because we thought it was Altima virtual port problems, but maybe that isn't the case after all?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

Tnx & 73,

Dennis
K1ESE
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:45:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Dennis -

Today I used LOGic without telnet. No problems at all. I used another spotting program.

No problem with export, LotW, or reports as long as telnet was off. I even put the spot log form on, but kept telnet off. Again no problems with telnet off.

Late in the day I turned telnet on, did an export and within minutes LOGic crashed.

We determined the problem is not virtual ports from Eltima. I have no USB to serial adapters.

I can give you a call Monday if you would like to log onto my computer.

I can live with LOGic by using another spotting program.

The problem with the Spot Log form having corrupted labels continues, but if I am not using telnet, I have no need to use the Spot log form.

73 de K1ESE
JOhn