logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Need CD If Already Downloaded? And a B/U Question...
N1HEL
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 1:41:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I just received my LOGic CD, but I had already jumped the gun and downloaded the online version (9.0.53).

I assume that the online download contains the newest s/w, and that my CD can be filed as a re-installable backup. Is this right?

By the way, my online download ran to 142MB (not 120MB, as LOGic currently predicts) and took about a half hour to download, even at Comcast cable speed (which I think is about 16 Mb/s here). The install ran flawlessly on both my machines.

One more question: I assume I want to b/u my datafiles and my forms files (which contain the user-defined fields and screen layouts, right?). I assume that this means copying the entire LOGic folder (330MB or so) to my thumb drive (32GB). Then, if any of these files becomes corrupt, I COPY over the entire folder from my thumb drive. If my whole hard drive crashes, I assume I pull out my CD, re-install that, and then copy over the archived LOGic folder from my thumb drive. Is this right?

Tnx,
-Paul
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:11:13 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Paul:

Quote:
I assume that the online download contains the newest s/w, and that my CD can be filed as a re-installable backup. Is this right?

Correct.

Quote:
By the way, my online download ran to 142MB (not 120MB, as LOGic currently predicts) and took about a half hour to download, even at Comcast cable speed (which I think is about 16 Mb/s here). The install ran flawlessly on both my machines.

Ok, we will remove the FCC database eventually. You can get the latest from tools/internet anyway. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
One more question: I assume I want to b/u my datafiles and my forms files (which contain the user-defined fields and screen layouts, right?). I assume that this means copying the entire LOGic folder (330MB or so) to my thumb drive (32GB). Then, if any of these files becomes corrupt, I COPY over the entire folder from my thumb drive. If my whole hard drive crashes, I assume I pull out my CD, re-install that, and then copy over the archived LOGic folder from my thumb drive. Is this right?

Correct again!

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZH|Y