logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Logic 9 & Blue Screen
YS1GR
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:03:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Dennis, is there a way to "Safe Start" Logic 9 after the computer crashes. My computer is Windows 64 Pro and today I lost power after finishing a QSO. When I got the power back all programs opened up normally except for Logic. Every time I would start Logic I would get the message to reindex the files and do I want to do a clean up. I'd hit yes and then I would get error #114 & #113, Logic would attemt to start and then the computer would shut down. Upon restarting the computer Windows would inform me that it had blue screened. It took me a good hour and a half of blue screening before I finally got Logic to open back. When I finally got Logic opened the only data I had lost was the last QSO and I'm assuming that was what was confusing the program. Is there a way to safe start Logic in a situation like this? I've had crashes with Logic before in situations where the automatic call book feature would be turned on and I'd lose the internet connection. The program would freeze when it was attempting to acess Ham QTH or QRZ'd. Nothing like this morning though, I thought I'd have to do a reinstall of Logic.

73 de Gary YS1GR
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:28:14 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Gary:

It sounds like more was going on than just a power failure. Do a CLEAN and you should be back in business. And, there is nothing application software running at the protection level that LOGic does could do to cause the Blue Screen of Death.

What was the text with error #114 & #113?

I would check your hard disk for errors.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
YS1GR
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:40:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Denniss, I did a clean when I first reopened Logic. There was a bunch of stuff that got sent to the recyle bin. This is the first time that I ever had problems like this. I was able to open up all other programs except for Logic. The crash would occur when Logic would try to open up after doing the clean. I don't recall what the error text was though. I should probably invest in a UPS but I've heard that the invertors cause RFI.

73 de Gary YS1GR
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:13:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Yeah, I don't have UPS on anything but the web servers. With LOGic a power failure shouldn't be a problem.