logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Winkey Interfacing Problems
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:03:42 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Hello Dennis, HNY
with version 50 I have big problems with interfacing the MasterKeyer MK-1 (Hamgadgets). Leaving my usual setup the Logic nails.
With version 49 I realized that at run time by setting the WinKey, the transceiver was in transmission with an endless series of "A" until i touched my paddle to end the transmission. Then everything was perfect also the possibility to vary the speed. Now, however, after several tests I was able to run the program but I have to always turn off the mask WinKey after removing the setting of com (com4).
Launch the program again, expect me to do all its checks, I open the window WinKey and I have to re-enable the port com4 in the setting. In this way everything works as before until I move speed values ​​because the MasterKeyer starts transmitting at very high speed (not know what transmit hi). To end I must close the logic with CTRL-ALT-DEL and Task Manager. Certainly the logic sends commands to my keyer while opening the program and these commands do not like my MK-1 goes mad. I can not say more because it is not within my knowledge.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 10:41:48 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Mauro:

Strange -- the changes to 9.0.50 were minor and should not do anything but give the device more time to power up and initialize. I have had only one other report on it, but a good report from someone who was previously having problems. And it works fine here. Are you sure this isn't a coinidence?

You can easily roll back to .47. Go to this post and download logic.exe Put it in your c:\program files (x86)\logic folder or whereever you installed LOGic. Now test the keyer. To get back to .50, just install the .50 update as usual.

Invite the MasterKeyer people to try the LOGic demo. I can assist them with troubleshooting if they have a problem.

Does MasterKeyer have a USB adapter? Make sure you have the latest driver. Is it FTDI (look in the Windows device manager)? If so it is probably OK. If it is Prolific, it is bad news. We haven't had too many problems with less-popular drivers such as Silicon Labs.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
IK0CHU on 1/9/2013(UTC)
IK0CHU
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 5:49:43 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Dennis,
thanks for the quick response and for the informations that you gave me.
I ran to the letter what you told me.
I installed version 0.47 that there is no doubt works better than 0.50. I can keep the winkeyer mask active with com4 at the start but as the first finish setup sends on air "AAA" with the speed set in keyer. Everything works fine but I can not increase or decrease the transmission speed because otherwise the program crashes and necessarily I have to restart.
I then reinstalled version 0.50 and I have the same problems as before. I Can use the program regularly activating the WinKeyer every time and setting the com4 before go on the air. This is my experience interfacing the masterkeyer MK-1.
If you can be useful, I must say that reopening the Logic8.0.104 the winkeyer works perfectly. I can even change the speed transmission while transmitting both the MK-1 memories that the memories of the winkeyer window in Logic. This is perfect!
I do not know what the differences are between the programming Logic8.0.104 and Logic9.050, but surely there's something.
For the time before making activities cw, I will open winkeyer, and will close before closing the Logic9.50.
To answer your question, I say that the MasterKeyer MK-1 is FTDI as you can see in the attached screenshots, so I'm safe.
I'm sorry but I do not want you imagine me as the man of the problems, hi.
73's IKØCHU Mauro
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot107.jpg (176kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
ScreenShot106.jpg (193kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
ScreenShot105.jpg (183kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
ScreenShot104.jpg (194kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 1:37:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
http://www.hamgadgets.co...nfo&products_id=106
Is this it?

It says
Quote:
Emulation mode for K1EL Winkeyer commands has been added to Version 1.20 and newer. The MK-1 now works with a wide range of logging and contest software. If it supports the Winkeyer, the MK-1 will work fine.

Is Winkeyer mode turned off possibly? LOGic definitely works with Winkeyer! The changes to .50 should have not affected anything. And .50 works here. Do you know if they use a real WinKeyer chip, or if they programmed it themselves?

Does it have the latest firmware?
http://www.hamgadgets.co...ge&id=7#masterkeyer

I would be happy to contact them and work with them to resolve the problem, but it would be good if you would send an introductory email telling them I will be calling.

Tnx & 73,

DH
IK0CHU
#5 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:07:46 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Dennis,
You have just found my winkeyer and I have the latest firmware (V1.32R).
I will send to HamGadgets an email to announce your call to exchange information to resolve interfacing with Logic. I will send you a copy of the email to the appropriate knowledge.
Thank You.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro