logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

general log report
W5GA
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 12:17:09 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Dennis, I've been trying to extract some info using the general log report. As search criteria, I've tried dxcc=vp6-d:, and I've tried call=vp6dx:, but no matter what I put in, it returns my entire log (10k + qso's) as the report. Am I doing something wrong/have a problem?
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:40:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Sorry, don't know what is happening. Typically if you screw something up you get NO records :-)

The attached shows the sequence you should go thru (all using the GUI -- you could just type the select expression. Your's is crrect, except it needs to be upper-case with quotes. The program will not accept syntactically-incorrect expressions)
File Attachment(s):
Capture.JPG (70kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
W5GA
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:33:37 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi--

Sorry, don't know what is happening. Typically if you screw something up you get NO records :-)

The attached shows the sequence you should go thru (all using the GUI -- you could just type the select expression. Your's is crrect, except it needs to be upper-case with quotes. The program will not accept syntactically-incorrect expressions)

OK, didn't know about the quotes. When I added them to the mix, I got an error saying "Function name is missing). (Err. No. 1300)"
The expression reads DXCC='VP6-D': and happens regardless of the entity used. The select order is "call".

Again, this is using the log report, not the DXCC report. What I'm trying to do is pull all Q's with a given DXCC entity. The DXCC report is only generating the first confirmed QSO with an entity.

Many thanks!

Doug W5GA
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:51:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: W5GA Go to Quoted Post
Again, this is using the log report, not the DXCC report. What I'm trying to do is pull all Q's with a given DXCC entity. The DXCC report is only generating the first confirmed QSO with an entity.

Ok, but the instructions I gave for the log report will do what you want, right. The DXCC report is going to always give one QSO of the best status, including LoTW/dead tree preference. What are you looking for that the Log report and my instructions aren't doing?

Check out the CARDS NEEDED FOR AWARD report.

BTW, LOGic 9 will give you all QSOs for a country by double-clicking mixed/mixed, CW, CW 20M or whatever in the Progress 1/2 form.

DH
W5GA
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 8:34:36 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Ok, but the instructions I gave for the log report will do what you want, right. The DXCC report is going to always give one QSO of the best status, including LoTW/dead tree preference. What are you looking for that the Log report and my instructions aren't doing?

Check out the CARDS NEEDED FOR AWARD report.

BTW, LOGic 9 will give you all QSOs for a country by double-clicking mixed/mixed, CW, CW 20M or whatever in the Progress 1/2 form.

DH

Sorry, but no...the instructions you gave return the error I showed. What I'm trying to do is get all QSO's for any given entity, regardless of QSL status. The log report either produces an error, or gives the entire log as output.
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:59:50 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Are you using the Log report? I don't see anything wrong with your expression

Use the GUI to make the expression as shown in the photo in my previous post.

Does your screen look like mine? Maybe the best thing to do is call me and I can log in and take a quick look. This shouldn't be that difficult hihi.

DH
File Attachment(s):
Capture.PNG (106kb) downloaded 74 time(s).
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
W5GA on 11/16/2011(UTC)
W5GA
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:15:23 PM(UTC)

OK, got it sorted out on this end. It was an issue of operator error, been a long time since I was that brain dead!

Thanks Dennis!