logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Two Calls and LoTW
W7OO
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 4:18:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I have a general question about using LogIC.

Over the years I have had two calls. I started with K7RIE and then got the vanity call W7OO.

I have the calls in LogIC by putting the call that made the QSO in the operator field and I can also separate the QSOs for the two calls by date.

I have uploaded the QSOs for W7OO (my current call) to LoTW without a problem.

I have a certificate for both calls from the ARRL.

The K7RIE certificate does NOT appear in any of the fields in LogIC. Somehow I need to get that certificate in LoTW so I can select it.

Can you help me there?

My goal in all of this is to get credit for the QSLs I have received in LoTW while I was using K7RIE. I want those QSOs to show up when I go to awards and am logged into LoTW under W7OO.

I believe from reading the ARRL help pages that I upload K7RIE QSOs to a LoTW log for K7RIE and then I link K7RIE to W7OO to get the K7RIE QSOs/QSLs to appear in the W7OO totals. Is that correct?

If I have made bad assumptions in how this works please correct me and give me directions or point me to the proper help area so I can get this taken care of.

Happy New Year

Bill
W7OO

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:21:09 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Bill:

That is a good question.

I think you are overthinking it. LOGic has no knowledge of certificates. It just imports an ADIF file.

Here is how I would proceed. Log onto the ARRL web site and manually download an ADIF file of all of your K7RIE QSOs or even ALL of your QSOs. The only goal here is to get you K7RIE QSOs from the LoTW site. I don't know how to do that, but look around or call them or maybe someone else here knows.

Now manually process them in LOGic. Go to the Import LoTW form in LOGic as usual. But instead of clicking IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM WEB, click IMPORT LOTW ADIF QSL FILE FROM DISK.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks,

Dennis WN4AZY
W7OO
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 12:37:57 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Nuts, I did not explain what I was trying to accomplish well enough.

I have the QSOs for both W7OO and K7RIE loaded into the same log in LogIC. I can separate the QSOs for the two calls by both the operator entry and/or date.

I have successfully uploaded the W7OO QSOs to LoTW.

I now want to upload the K7RIE QSOs to LoTW. I want the combined results to show in the W7OO totals when I log into LoTW.

I believe that I need to somehow load the K7RIE certificate into LogIC so it can upload the QSOs for K7RIE. I do not know how to load that second certificate. Can you point me somewhere in help or give me instructions?

My final goal is to have the QSOs for both W7OO and K7RIE credited to W7OO's total on LoTW.

To accomplish that do I just link W7OO and K7RIE on the LoTW site once I have uploaded K7RIE QSOs?

Thanks,

Bill
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:26:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Ok, I understand now. Sorry, maybe I didn't read your first post carefully.

LOGic isn't certificate-aware. It just makes an ADIF file, and shells out to the ARRL TQSL program. THAT would certificate-aware I would think.

Does it prompt for a STATION LOCATION? Is your old call included there? I'm now thinking the question becomes "How do you install an additional certificate in TQSL? Try running TQSL and clicking on STATION, then add a new station.

Check this out. I doubt it tells you anything you don't already know, however:
http://hosenose.com/Foru...ing-LoTW-and-LOGic.aspx

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY