logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

CW: Part of fucntion key memory is skipped during playback
N5XZ
#1 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 12:08:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
At least one of my CW keyer function key memories skips some of the characters during playback and in fact the highlighted characters makes a jump when the section is skipped. I tried completely deleting the data in the form, then re-entering it and it does the same. I wonder if there is a corrupted file; however I could not find it. Dennis, I will be happy to post a video or have you monitor the rig remotely so see what is happening. Note: this has no connected with the last post of hesitating CW characters.
73, Allen N5XZ
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
N5XZ
#2 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 6:46:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: N5XZ Go to Quoted Post
At least one of my CW keyer function key memories skips some of the characters during playback and in fact the highlighted characters makes a jump when the section is skipped. I tried completely deleting the data in the form, then re-entering it and it does the same. I wonder if there is a corrupted file; however I could not find it. Dennis, I will be happy to post a video or have you monitor the rig remotely so see what is happening. Note: this has no connected with the last post of hesitating CW characters.

This actually happens with multiple CW keyer function key memories.

Also, I noticed that F5 and F6 don't work at all. Must be something wrong there. Please advise...
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:30:57 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi--

I think there are some mapping conflicts on say F5 -- it is opening the Log menu. A mistake on my part -- let me research that. But the mouse still works.

The CW function key contents are stored in the log file form which is just a text file. Pse zip up main.logform or whatever, attach to a post, and I will try it here.

This is WinKey I am assuming....

Tnx & 73,

Dennis

N5XZ
#4 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 2:58:25 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
Hi--

I think there are some mapping conflicts on say F5 -- it is opening the Log menu. A mistake on my part -- let me research that. But the mouse still works.

The CW function key contents are stored in the log file form which is just a text file. Pse zip up main.logform or whatever, attach to a post, and I will try it here.

This is WinKey I am assuming....

Tnx & 73,

Dennis

F5 and F6 both do not work on my machine, even with the mouse, they are greyed out, even though there are memories stored in those locations. Yes, I am using WinKey.
File Attachment(s):
main.logform.txt (11kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
main.logform.txt (11kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:11:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

For F5 & F6 being grayed out. You need to enter a description for function keys 5 & 6. You need both a desciption and expression. I will fix this.

Am looking at the problem of skipping now....
N5XZ
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:14:14 AM(UTC)

For F5 & F6 being grayed out. You need to enter a description for function keys 5 & 6. You need both a desciption and expression. I will fix this.

I should send you a video. I will try to do so when I get home tonight...
73, Allen N5XZ
N5XZ
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:24:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: N5XZ Go to Quoted Post

I should send you a video. I will try to do so when I get home tonight...

See attached video.
File Attachment(s):
DSCN2144.AVI (6,168kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:12:51 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for the video. Strange, the display hiliting skips, but it is no longer in sync. It is doing more than just skipping. The hiliting reaches the end of the line but it keeps sending.

Anyway, I cannot reproduce it here. Using F3 of the first logform you posted, it works perfectly.

Are you using a Prolific USB=>RS232 adapter per chance?

What happens if you send the same thing from the Compose window?
CQ CQ CQDX N5XZ N5XZ CQ CQDX N5XZ N5XZ DX K

BTW, memories 5 & 6 do not map to function keys 5 & 6 by design. F5 is the shortcut for the Log menu,and F6 is Force Log (reread the clock and radio). I can probably use F6 for the keyer because F5 then {Enter} does the same thing.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:31:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Well, I was playing around with mine, seeing if lower-case letters made a difference, and it started doing the same thing yours does! I didn't compare it to the video, but as I recall it behaved EXACTLY the same. I sent the same thing in upper case, and it still broke.

When it was broken, sending the same string from Compose and F3 did the same thing.

I unplugged WinKey to reset it, tried my lower-case test again, and it worked. I cannot break it now. I think WinKey is flaky....

I have Version 9 of WinKey.
N5XZ
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:05:52 AM(UTC)

Well, I was playing around with mine, seeing if lower-case letters made a difference, and it started doing the same thing yours does! I didn't compare it to the video, but as I recall it behaved EXACTLY the same. I sent the same thing in upper case, and it still broke.

When it was broken, sending the same string from Compose and F3 did the same thing.

I unplugged WinKey to reset it, tried my lower-case test again, and it worked. I cannot break it now. I think WinKey is flaky....

I have Version 9 of WinKey.

I'm pretty sure I'm using version 10 or 10+. I can do the same thing, and it will start screwing up after a while. Unplugging the USB device (RigExpert Plus) with WinKey does not always fix it, though. Any other ideas? Anyone else out there experience this?
73, Allen N5XZ