logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

RTTY QSLs not being given credit in LOGic9
W7OO
#1 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:10:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

A while back I sent you three files. One of them with the name "Problems" mentioned that RTTY QSLs imported from LoTW were not being credited.

I am now starting to receive RTTY QSLs from the few direct cards I have sent out. When I change the QSL received box to an "F" and then run the DXCC report credit for the received QSL is not being given by Logic. It stays at zero!

This is just additional information for the file problem that i sent earlier.

Thank you,

Bill
W7OO
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 9:37:44 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
I recall getting an email with a word document containing some pictures attached, and I replied to it. Some time ago. Let me look around and see what I can find.

I don't remember the specifics of the email or my response, but general advice based on the symptoms: Check the Mode of the QSOs, then check tools/setup/modes and make sure that RTTY is mapped to DIGITAL and not CW or PHONE.

Also, Awards/Update Awards Progress Info never hurts.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W7OO
#3 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 1:07:47 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

The mode of the QSOs shows as RTTY. I checked tools/setup/modes and RTTY was mapped to Digital. I did an Awards/update Awards Progress Info. Nothing changed. I still am not being given credit by logic for QSLs received with the RTTY mode.

I need to be careful here. The individual QSO does show the QSL as being received. It is only when I do an Awards/Reports/DXCC that my total for RTTY shows as zero. The report appears to be working for CW, SSB, and Mixed but I have no idea if the totals are correct.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks,

Bill
W7OO
W7OO
#4 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 1:41:48 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

I had never seen the mode mapping screen before and did not know how to use it until you pointed it out in your reply. I did some playing around and mapped RTTY to RTTY rather than Data (I did an Awards/Update). That did not solve the problem either (the RTTY column still showed as zero). I remapped it to DATA and did an Awards/Update. I was back to where I started.

I then went back and looked at the Awards/Reports/DXCC report again. I have attached a snip of that report to this email.

What I discovered is that in light gray in the upper right corner of the report I am getting credit for RTTY QSLs received under the Data mode. In the near center of the report under the RTTY column (which is in dark black)I am not receiving credit for the RTTY contacts. I suspect that they are mapped to DATA and that is why they don't appear in this column.

Is there a way to change that column from RTTY to DATA? I guess what I really need to know is how to use the RTTY column in the report.

Thank you,

Bill
W7OO

File Attachment(s):
Awards-Report.JPG (67kb) downloaded 37 time(s).