logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Logic gives errors at startup with .47 version
W7OO
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:13:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

I am running the .40 version of Logic 9.

I wanted to upgrade to the .47 version because I have subscribed to QRZ.com and I get the errors that everyone else got when I try to use my subscription. I downloaded the .47 version which should have fixed the QRZ errors.

The download and install went fine.

When I started Logic9 version .47 I get the following two errors:

Unhandled Sructured Exception
Error No 2071
User thrown error

I hit the only button in the error box (I can't remember what its name was).

I then get this error:

Global is not an object

Logic then crashes back to Windows.

If you will remember I tried install version .44 and it would not install on my computer either. I no longer remember the errors it gave but I decided that I could live with the .40 version and never fooled around with newer versions until today.

BTW to get Logic back up and running Version .40 I uninstalled Logic and then reinstalled Version .40 from my CD. All went well and Logic looks like it is running just fine. I haven't logged any new QSOs yet but all the forms came back up etc and there were no errors so I suspect the old version is working just fine.

Have you got any thoughts on what I need to do to get version .47 installed?

On a totally new subject did you get my response to the letter where you answered some questions I had? Do you have any further thoughts on those items? Have you looked at the other two files I sent you?

I do appreciate your responsiveness to user problems. Your support is excellent.

Thanks,

Bill
W7OO
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 8:56:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Someone else had this error, related to the sound card. On this thread is a fix that at least lets you use the spot log.

http://hosenose.com/Foru...o-install-problems.aspx

Assuming it is the same error....

The good/bad news is that it went away on its own apparently.

Try this fix and let me know where we are after that.

On the other matter, I'm glad you mentioned it. I was meaning to respond but forgot who I needed to respond to. Now that I know who you are, I will respond today.

Tnx/73
W7OO
#3 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 3:09:56 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

The link in your response above takes me to a thread where someone was having trouble with voice announcements on Spots.

My problem is that I can't install the latest version of LOGic9 that has a fix for the QRZ subscribers problem that you have already addressed.

If we did not get our wires crossed do you want me to install that patch? If so do I just install it on the .40 version of LOGic that I am running or do I reinstall the new version and then run that patch?

One last question...... I have been installing the new versions on top of the old version. Should I be uninstalling LOGic first and then run the install program for the new version?

Thank you for your help,

Bill
W7OO
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:04:20 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
First, save a copy of the LOGic.EXE that is working for you. That way if you want to roll back you should be able to just copy that logic.exe on top of the new one that isn't working.

Right -- go ahead and install the patch referenced in this thread. He was getting the same error as you are when the spot log opened. I am the one that determined it was related to sound or the spot log. He never got far enough to determine that. I had to look at the code. You may be getting the same error elsewhere, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Just install it on top of what is there. If you were to unistall first, the update would not install.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY