logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Is there a way to enter one prefix and get back all equivalent Qs
W7OO
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:52:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Is there a way to enter a prefix and get back all of the calls that you have worked in that prefix (plus the QSL status) plus all of the calls with an equivalent prefix for that country?

In other words I would like to enter JA and get back all a list of all the JAs I have worked plus the 7Js and 8Js and all of the calls with an equivalent prefix. If they were sorted by band then by call then date that would be even better.

The reason I am asking this is that I have run the report that shows what countries I have worked on the various bands. Now I want to find the QSL for the QSOs of interest. I am doing a scramble to see if I can find all of the old cards. First I have to identify whose cards I am looking for.

I have a totally unrelated question.... Is there a limit to the number of characters that can be stored for one key in the CW keyer? I have a routine that I have written where I have to split it into two key locations and then call the second location from the first. When I combine the two routines under one key I get the error that there is a problem and then I'm taken to the expression builder. I have checked and checked. The split routines are the same as the one that I have entered under one key storage location. If there is a limit do you remember what it is? I assume that each character entered into storage would count against the total even if it was part of a command. Is that true?

Thanks for your thoughts on both of these issues.

Bill
W7OO

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 12:49:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Bill:

Check out the CARD NEEDED FOR AWRD report. I think that does exactly what you want. It bases everything off the logged DXCC, regardless of the call entered or used to arrive at that country.

I think there is a limit of 128 characters for an expression -- the expression, not the result of that expression. Post what you are trying to send and I can advise. What does the error message say exactly?

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W7OO
#3 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 6:00:24 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis and all,

Well, as usual I can't make CARDS NEEDED FOR AWARD work for me at all. When I read the description of the report it says it looks for stations that have been worked but have not QSL'd. I was hoping for a way to enter a prefix and get back all stations I have worked (including those from the same country with a different call prefix) regardless of QSL status.

If I leave everything blank and just select finish I get an error statement as shown in SNIP-E.

If I select select INITIAL SELECT CRITERIA and enter DXCC='UA' using the filter button I get the error statement shown in SNIP-D. I also tried editing the filter criteria to DXCC="UA" but it did not like that either.

As far as the CW Keyer problem goes I'm sure that the 128 character limit was what was getting me. When I try to load SNIP-A and SNIP-B into one key it takes me to the expression builder. By having one key call the other it works just fine.

I really appreciate your help on this.

Bill
W7OO
File Attachment(s):
Snip-a.JPG (22kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
Snip-b.JPG (21kb) downloaded 38 time(s).
Snip-d.JPG (69kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
Snip-e.JPG (21kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 8:19:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate your getting into LOGic's more advanced capabilities.

I misunderstood what you want to do re the prefixes & DXCC countries.

The easy way to show all QSOs with a particular DXCC entity is to use the Progress 1 or Progress 2 form. Select DXCC for the award of course, select your country, then double-click any of the squares. Ther top-left mixed-mixed square shows ALL QSOs. The top row shows all QSOs on a particular band. The left column shows all QSOs on a particular mode. The rest show all QSOs on a paricular band/mode combination. This shows QSLs that are confirmed as well as those that aren't unfortunately, but in most cases there aren't that many. You give me a idea for an enhancement hihi.

If you want this to paper, just use the regular old Log report. and select the DXCC of interest. It would also be possible to sort by DXCC then callsign so you can get all DXCC countries that match whatever select criteria you enter in one report.

snip-e isn't really an error. The report writer just didn't find anything matching what you selected.

To avoid the snip-d error, close DX Summitt or whatever is feeding spots while running reports. Sorry, this is a nasty one to track down.

For the function keys, it is possible to have one function key call another. I see you are using this feature already. So try putting for example

KEYERFUNC(1) + " " + KEYERFUNC(2)

into function 3.

I think the fact that 2 calls 14 won't be an issue.
W7OO
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:48:07 AM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

I just got back to this project.

I am able to get the Progress 1 or Progress 2 reports (under Awards) to display a summary of the bands and modes I have worked a prefix in. I CAN NOT double click on one of the boxes and see a list of the calls that contributed to that box's total. When I hover the pointer over the box I see "Double Click to Display" or something very close to that but when I double click nothing happens. I'm sure I am clicking fast enough (even though I'm getting old).

What do you suggest?

As always thanks for all your help. I sure appreciate your responsiveness.

Bill
W7OO
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:46:52 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Strange. It definitely works. After double-clicking, look in the Window menu in LOGIc and see if Log Browser is listed. Maybe it is hidden behind something. It normally comes to the top, but if it were positioned where another window tht you selected "Always On Top" for, it probably wouldn't come on top of that.

Lemme know!

Tnx & 73,

Dennis
W7OO
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:21:58 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

Well, that was the answer. The Browser window was hiding behind the Log Main window.

The function now works just like you said it would and it also solved my problem of finding all the QSLs I have for a given country.

I love Logic!!!!!!

I also really appreciate your support.

Bill
W7OO