logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

WinKey questions
N5XZ
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2024 1:28:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Dennis:

1. PTT Lead and PTT Tail: Are these setting stored when exiting WinKey or LOGic? I think they are, but when I exit WinKey and turn it back on, they show 0 instead of the value I had in them. If I try to increment the number, it is the setting I had before +1.
2. Precomp and 1st Extenstion: What are they and what do they do?
3. I am using a WinKeyer USB now with WinKey version 85. What LOGic settings will WinKey now recognize?
4. Is there a way to reduce the time (in ms) between letters stored in the CW Keyer func keys? Seems like there is just a bit too much time between each letter when sent.

Thanks,
73, Allen N5XZ
1 user thanked N5XZ for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 7/15/2024(UTC)
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2024 2:01:59 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 495 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Sorry for the delay on this.

Quote:
1. PTT Lead and PTT Tail: Are these setting stored when exiting WinKey or LOGic? I think they are, but when I exit WinKey and turn it back on, they show 0 instead of the value I had in them. If I try to increment the number, it is the setting I had before +1.

LOGic stores the settings for this and sends it to winkeyer when you open the winkeyer form. Here is the code:

.WriteCommBinary( CHR(0x4) + CHR(.pttlead) + CHR(.ptttail))

.pttlead and .ptttail are the values you see in LOGic's setup screen.

If you turn winkey off without exiting and re-opening LOGic's winkey form, winkey it probably will go to the startup default.

Or, are you saying that if you have pttlead set to 3 in LOGic, and you start LOGic and open the winkey form, LOGic will actually set it to 4? Please clarity

Quote:
2. Precomp and 1st Extenstion: What are they and what do they do?
Hole your mouse on top of these checkboxes for an explanation.

Quote:
3. I am using a WinKeyer USB now with WinKey version 85. What LOGic settings will WinKey now recognize?
Just the ones shown on the form. We haven't done anything specific to WinKeyer USB. There is no need to. It is still just an RS-232 port as far as Windows and LOGic are concerned. If there are new features to newer firmware versions, let please let me know.

Quote:
4. Is there a way to reduce the time (in ms) between letters stored in the CW Keyer func keys? Seems like there is just a bit too much time between each letter when sent.
Play with Farnsworth. Here is the code:

.WriteCommBinary( Chr(0xd) + Chr(.spinWPM.Value + (.spinWPM.Value * (.spinFarnsworth.Value / 100)))) && farnsworth

I note that LOGic allows negative values for weight, but not Farnsworth. I think it may be wrong. The result for 20 WPM at 10 Farnsworth would be
20 * (10/100). Since we can only send integers to Winkeyer, it would be sending 0 for the Farnsworth byte. W

Will look into this.

Tnx/73,

DH