logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Adding Sat Name and Sat Mode to Log Form
W7OO
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 8:55:43 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

Well, the learning process continues. I need to add both Sat Name and Sat Mode to my main Log Form. I read the help file, clicked on the butler, and successfully added Sat Name and Sat Mode to the Browse Log form. I can find no way to add them to the Main Log form. Can you either point me to the correct help file so I can solve this or tell me how to do it.

I thought I might be adding too many fields to the Log Form so I deleted the two User fields. That did not help.

I can also replace a field on the main Log Form with Sat Mode or Sat Name. I just can't seem to add them.

I also thank you for the help on importing my old logs. With your guidance I was able to successfully import them.

Bill W7OO
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2012 4:07:38 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Bill:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You assign user-defined fields to the log form by clicking the black-and-white waiterman button on the log form. Click the dot next to the user-defined field you want to assign, then double-click SAT MODE or SAT NAME.

By default only five user-defined fields are shown on the log form. If you want more you have to unhide them. See sect 5.2 and Sect 12 expecially 12.4, then let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W7OO
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2012 4:50:13 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the reply. When I do what you told me after double clicking on the name I get a pop up box saying 'Sat_mode is already configured" Same thing with Satname. I thought that might mean it was out of the visible area on the main log page so I expanded it out to full screen. Neither field is there.

Where do I go from here?

Thank you,

Bill
W7OO
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:17:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Bill:

Ok, this means that SAT MODE already exists in that center column with the radio button dotsm, with the heading SELECT FIELD TO CHANGE. You already have it assugned to user1 or user2 or ... user20. Which one is it assigned to? Let me assume user6 for this example -- 6th from the top and it has 6 in the leftmost column of the waiterman form).

My guess is that it is hidden. You can check the identity of the user-defined fields on the log form. Hold your mouse over them. It will say USER1 or whatever. If none of them say USER6, then it is hidden. (It is no longer possible to move a field off-form -- the form will expand to accomodate whereever you put it.

Unlock the form. Click the padlock button on thelog form. The hasp switchs to the open position. On the toolbar, click the trash can icon. The Hidden User Defined Fields menu appears. Double-click FLDUSER6 and LBLUSER6.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W7OO
#6 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 6:02:39 PM(UTC)

Hi Dennis,

I finally got back to this problem along with your instructions. I was able to add the two log fields to my main logging screen!!!!!!

Now, how do I identify (name) them? I have attached a screen shot of my main logging screen. The two fields are under the County field.
File Attachment(s):
main-log-screen.PNG (29kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 4:40:13 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Ok, you just need to unhide the labels. Hold the mouse over the label. Say it says USER6. Just unlock the form and unhide lbluser6.

Tnx & 73,

DH