logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Eqsl images present but not viewable
IK0CHU
#1 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 5:42:32 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hi Dennis,
tonight I realized that I have been carrying Logic backups with me for some time but they contain errors. The images of the eqsl (about 50,000) are present in the Log_Pictures directory, in the mainform there are the "F" in the eqsl received field but I cannot see them in the Pictures window as the relative .img does not exist.
I assumed that the indexing of the files has been lost and no longer recognizes anything. The reason it happened I don't know but I can say that sometimes I crashed the program for no reason. It crashed and I had to reset everything, maybe in those moments the indexes got corrupted.
How can I restore all 50,000 images in their qsos ??
I was thinking of deleting all the "Fs" in eqsl_rcvd with a massive operation, deleting the images and starting over to receive updates but I don't know if that's the right thing.
I think I'm making the situation worse for fear of losing everything.
The current Logic, however, is perfectly up to date with all QSOs and personal archives but I have this only problem with images not being displayed.
If it is a problem to put everything back in order I can stay like this and start again from today to acquire the eqsl but honestly the eqsl are often useful to view to take some data necessary for the awards that many OMs do not put on QRZ.
Sorry for the inconvenience and I thank you in advance for the help you can give me to try to solve the problem in the best possible way.

73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 12:55:27 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Mauro:

Sorry for the problem.

Make a backup of your LOGic install folder (usually c:\program files (x86)\logic) before you do any thing. That way everything is 100% reversable.

Changing eqsl_rcvd from F to R is trivial. Go to tools/advanced/database commands. type:

USE LOG
REPLACE ALL EQSL_RCVD WITH "R"

For more info see
https://youtu.be/5d5gyJVFQEs

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx for using LOGic.

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
IK0CHU on 9/12/2022(UTC)
IK0CHU
#3 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2022 7:20:48 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
thanks for the prompt reply.
I tried the massive change from F to R, no work. I tried to change F to "Null" but Eqsl doesn't allow to download anything. In fact it omits the login giving me the possibility to put a range of dates but it doesn't allow anything new.
I put everything back as before and I put a filter on the qso with the eqsl received and at the same time I logged into eqsl and look for the call that does not have the image of the qsl in my log despite having the F in the eqsl_rcvd field. I copy and paste the eqsl image on the qso of my log in the Pictures window so that Logic assigns it a correct index.
A very slow but effective manual procedure hi hi.
I have exactly 54941 eqsl received with the F of which I don't know how many are actually correctly indexed and viewable.
Scrolling with the arrow in Logic I intervene in this way where I have an F and I don't see the eqsl.
Probably it is not possible to re-download the qso as Eqsl inserts in the archive the qso already processed, but this is my very risky hypothesis.
I can't understand if the names of the images created by Logic make sense with respect to the objective and significant data of each qso.
It would be interesting to have the long name of the file assigned in the Pictures window so that, in such a case, it would be possible to re-import the image that may have lost indexing, for one reason or another, using the already existing "Import" button.
Maybe add some sort of numeric field that can define the sequential QSO number in the log that makes it unique.
However now, armed with holy patience, I will proceed as specified and slowly report the log as it was before with all the eqsl and in the future I will be careful to often check any anomalies in order to intervene immediately and not get to this catastrophe. It is important that now I feel comfortable being able to complete the operation with a positive result.
Thanks for everything and for making Logic the only one.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 7:47:36 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi--

I think I see the problem.

There are picture files in the logdata\log_pictures, but some of them are corrupt and not actually pictures. Is this correct?

LOGic will not attempt to download a picture that already exists. So here is what to do. (1) Set the EQSL_RCVD to R as before. (2) Copy all of the pictures from logdata\log_pictures, (3) then delete them. Now they should download again.

If ALL of your pictures are recovered, fine, you are done. If some of the pictures are not from eQSL, copy the old ones back from the copy made from Step 2, but when asked, do not overwrite.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
IK0CHU
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2022 1:18:21 AM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hello Dennis,
I have already tried to delete the images by also resetting the LOG_Pictures.DBF, CDX, FPT files but Eqsl does not allow to transfer any eqsl.
The only system that I think works is that of the manual procedure with copy paste from eqsl for images that are not displayed by Logic. So far I have come to almost update to 31 12 1994.
I would like to know if there is a command (filter) that can tell me how many qsos have the F in the eqsl_rcvd field and at the same time you don't see the image (corrupt or not). I don't think it can be done except from time to time in visualization. I am progressing slowly to return to the state of the art hihi.
Thanks 73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
WN4AZY
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2022 9:53:43 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

There has to be SOME way to get them to download again. Worst case install a new copy of LOGic. I will look thru the code and see what is going on.

Are pictures for new QSOs downloading? Maybe picture downloading is not working at all.

DH
IK0CHU
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2022 3:47:32 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis,
I confirm that the new qso are updated by eqsl.
I finally found the corresponding names of the image files by loading the DBF relating to the eqsl.
In fact, the images downloaded with copy paste assume the JPG extension but only because I did not know that the transfer from eqsl takes place with PGN images.
Now as soon as I have time I will find a qso whose eqsl is not displayed in Logic and through the database I will discover the name of the file that Logic has assigned automatically and I will first try to check if the file is corrupt. If it is not corrupt, I will carry out the import procedure from Logic by entering the file name. We hope well. I will keep you informed of the result as soon as possible, thanks.
73's de IKØCHU Mauro
IKØCHU Mauro
IK0CHU
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2022 4:06:22 PM(UTC)
RedBaron

Man

Hi Dennis take a look at this test I did.
Mauro
File Attachment(s):
ScreenShot1201.jpg (257kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
IKØCHU Mauro