logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Issues with V10.0.6
N7IP
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2022 10:29:52 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Dennis, how do I prevent a browser window opening every time I start Logic?

1. It lacks the bookmarks, etc. that mine has. So it has no use outside of Logic.
2. I must log into QRZ every time I want to use that browser.
3. My password manager works with Chrome but not that instance of it, so I must manually type in the login info.
4. It starts off by taking up half of my screen.

Please give us the option to disable this.

Thanks, Bob
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2022 7:49:56 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Bob:

Quote:
Dennis, how do I prevent a browser window opening every time I start Logic? Please give us the option to disable this.

Well, LOGic only opens a browser as needed. Mine doesn't open ANY browsers on startup. So turn off whichever feature is opening the browser window on startup. For instance, there is an option if you right-click the CIA button on the Info form that would cause this. From your description, try unchecking the QRZ checkbox in the Callbook form.

Quote:
1. It lacks the bookmarks, etc. that mine has. So it has no use outside of Logic.
LOGic always uses the default browser configured in Windows setup default apps. I just now noticed that mine also is missing Rakuten and a bunch of crap that appears when I open a browser myself. But it is the SAME browser. You can verify this by checking the versions of both browser instances. I don't think this is really a problem. LOGic opens a browser for a specific purpose -- showing CIA info for example. I don't really need all that other stuff to view the CIA info.

Quote:
2 & 3. I must log into QRZ every time I want to use that browser. My password manager works with Chrome but not that instance of it, so I must manually type in the login info
I didn't realize this either. It must be tied into problem #2 -- not loading your default browser but not your default configuration. For my reference:
https://stackoverflow.co...with-selenium-webdriver

Quote:
4. It starts off by taking up half of my screen.
This is something that I am not controlling. Mine opens in portrait orientation along the left side of the screen. I was not controlling this in previous versions of LOGic either. I'll look into saving and restoring the browser position. Seems straightforward. Right now I am just happy it works hihi.
https://www.software-tes...-position-and-size.html

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2022 4:58:38 PM(UTC)

Dennis, I do not want Logic to decide when it needs to open a new browser. I'll do that. I need a way to disable Logic from opening on startup and every time I enter a call on the log form, even if I don't actually log the contact. This makes Logic unusable because I am constantly having to close a useless browser window--useless because I have to type my login into QRZ each time. Please just give us a way to eliminate it. The internal callbook window serves my needs perfectly.

Bob
W5GA
#5 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2022 4:56:53 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Bob, mine isn't opening a browser at all when I start Logic, either. It's your machine, not Logic doing it.

73 Doug W5GA
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2022 6:01:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Originally Posted by: N7IP Go to Quoted Post
Dennis, I do not want Logic to decide when it needs to open a new browser. I'll do that. I need a way to disable Logic from opening on startup and every time I enter a call on the log form, even if I don't actually log the contact. This makes Logic unusable because I am constantly having to close a useless browser window--useless because I have to type my login into QRZ each time. Please just give us a way to eliminate it. The internal callbook window serves my needs perfectly.

Bob
LOGic doesn't really decide. For instance, if you checkmark the QRZ checkmark on the callbook form, then and only then will LOGic "decide" to open QRZ.COM in a browser window when you do a callbook lookup. (This feature displays the QRZ.COM page in a browser, regardless of which callbook the actual lookup was done against.)

LOGic 10 and the accompanying new browser interface is NO DIFFERENT than any previous version of LOGic when it comes to opening browser windows.

Another possibility is the QRZ.COM callbook lookup. NOT to be confused with the QRZ checkmark on the main callbook form. This is to log from QRZ.COM. This will open a browser window to display his advertisements, per QRZ's requirements. Hense the "RETURN FROM AD" button on the callbook form. Again, this is nothing new. But to avoid browsers from opening, do not use QRZ.COM. The QRZ Subscription does not open a browser, BTW.

What is showing up in the unwanted browser? Tell me this and I can probably steer you to what you need to reconfigure. Paste the URL here.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7IP
#6 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 4:14:33 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the responses. I found that the problem was caused by the checkmark on QRZ in the main callbook screen. My mistake. Thanks again!

Bob
1 user thanked N7IP for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 5/31/2022(UTC)